J5's Roomster Scout - **SOLD**

Jonny5ive

Screenshot_20160311-121219_1_zpsltzecalb

OOkay, really, a great colour, good job I didn't go for that one, may we shouldn't park next to each other, or we might clash :D

Green and orange are a good combo - no clash at all. After all these have sold well for decades...

41yv4r8%2BK2L.jpg

• Like 1

Green and orange are a good combo - no clash at all. After all these have sold well for decades...

41yv4r8%2BK2L.jpg

You've seen the green of my car, yes?? :p

You've seen the green of my car, yes?? :p

Yes, and I stand by my choice :)

Probably shouldn't admit to this, but I had a dream (as a kid, I hasten to add) in which my hair had somehow been dyed green with orange sides. I got used to the comments from the other kids at school, and by the time I woke up I was really proud of the combo. I was very disappointed to find out it had just been a dream when I looked in a mirror after getting up!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I go away for a month Barrie, and you get all this done. Lookin' good. Spoiler may not be that big, but justs add's to the look. Orange wheels, FANTASTIC. Barrie's back. :dance:

• Like 1

I go away for a month Barrie, and you get all this done. Lookin' good. Spoiler may not be that big, but justs add's to the look. Orange wheels, FANTASTIC. Barrie's back. :dance:

Thanks Clive.

Into UNIT18 again tomorrow for an MOT, a stainless top boost pipe, a suspected knackered wheel bearing, and fix a rattling exhaust heat shield :o

Oh, and she's ticked over 120k miles this week :thumbup:

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Afternoon,

Very interesting thread! My Roomster is coming to the age where I'm just deciding to keep it or chop it in (plus possible giant boot of the SuperB requirements to be considered) but on the keep it (until it dies) path, some tinkering is very appealing :happy: - especially as it seems to be worth so little used!

You may have mentioned it already (but there's 11 pages to this thread!) - are you using the factory 5 speed gearbox with that ~215BHP upgrade and how do you find it?

Seat swap is also interesting as I've started to find I'm pretty uncomfortable driving for long periods when previously the car was very comfortable to drive. I guess part of that could be wear and tear on the seats, as well as me! I wonder if the electric seats from an Octavia/Superb fit...?

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

For starters, thank you!!

In answer to your questions:-

Yes, factory 5 speed gearbox. Single mass flywheel as standard so no nasty DMF concerns. Having owned the 6Y Fabia vRS before, and the wife's 6spd Touran, I do find myself looking for 6th sometimes.

It does get a bit stiff and notchy when giving it some beans for extended periods on track. Perhaps an oil issue?

Seats wise, have a look at a CG Lock. Paid dividends with my back pain on my former 150 mile twice weekly commute.

Sadly the resale is close to 'Fork Hall' especially with mine now nudging 128k.

For your tinkering, I'd highly recommend Alistair and his team at UNIT18 in MK.

Well, your Roomster just shows what can be done with a bit of imagination I think. I've never considered taking mine on a track! I wouldn't be able to lower it much though - too many speed bumps and rutted tracks.

I've sort of made the Roomster plans irrelevant now by agreeing a mkII SuperB purchase today - at least it saves me trying to figure out if those electric seats can fit...

I've had a search for CG Lock; I've found a seat belt retention system to add to a standard seatbelt that seems aimed at track use and a couple of UK places advertising something but they website they link to seems to have gone. Give me a pointer?

Cheers,

Steve