J5's Roomster Scout - **SOLD**

Jonny5ive

was good to meet you yesterday man, the roomster looks fantastic!

Jake

Likewise, I assume your car passed in the end??

*cough* roofbox *cough* :wall:

Patience man. I have some cosmetic exterior styling tweeks to complete before a good wash, polish and pics with the Camo Box B)

It looks like Ali and Unit18 have done a great job as always, well done. You must be chuffed!

Very pleased with it, as was Ali. He's done a fantastic job on the exhaust as it needed some work to get it to fit. Just waiting for Photobucket to do it's stuff so I can show off his handy work :thumbup:

Here are the pics of the works carried out.

Coilover shinys fitted :love:

Coilovers.jpg

Adapted to fit the 2.75" Piper turbo back exhaust

Piperdownpipe.jpg

Small extension required in the centre section

Striaghtextended.jpg

CentreSection.jpg

Back box. Opted for a discreet down turned tailpipe (not pictured) B)

PiperBackbox.jpg

Cupra Console bushes fitted

Cupraconsolebushes.jpg

Decided against the Eibach ARB for the time being, and the Powerflex Dogbone. Need to save for some lightweight rimmage :p

Huge thanks to Ali and the team at UNIT18. Top class service as always.

• Like 1

Looks great Johnny. Well done!

Interesting seeing your lower front suspension arms, mine are a totally different design. ( Will post pics of that stuff lateron a different thread)

Do you get any bother with clearance over speed humps?

Looks great Johnny. Well done!

Interesting seeing your lower front suspension arms, mine are a totally different design. ( Will post pics of that stuff lateron a different thread)

Do you get any bother with clearance over speed humps?

Thanks chap.

Is your vehicle the same spec engine and trim? Don't know if that would have any bearing on different arms or not???

Speedbumps clearance wise....... No issues thus far. I have tried several different flavours of speed bumps around Hinckley and all ok :thumbup:

Some stickies arrived this morning so hopefully get it washed, re-tint foglamps, decide on stickers to use and maybe a cheeky photo or two tomorrow......

I've been driving around for a few weeks with no fog lights or inserts in the bumper as I've been trying to find the time to re-tint my fogs.

In the interim I have been seduced by just how good the front end of the facelifted Roomster Scout looks, I thought about doing a complete 'front end swap.' B)

skoda-room-scout.JPGskoda_roomster_scout_1.jpg

Cost for that was going to be prohibitive so then I came up with the thought process (with some encouragement from Stratosg) of looking at pre-facelift round fogs being retro fitted in place of the somewhat ugly 'square' fogs on my Roomy.

Part numbers found, bumper inserts for housing the round fogs ordered as they're only £10 per side so no great shakes if they don't fit............

Pics soon once I see if they fit :giggle: and then I'll order up the fog light units themselves :thumbup:

• Like 1

Doing a front end swap means new bumper.......but also new grill to fit and also new top chrome part on grill which is fixed to bonnet (as grilll is wider on new ones)........and hoping that the old bonnet/headlights will fit as only visable change is the top line between the bonnet and light!

Did some more checking in my old cats'...........the part numbers for the dealer fit round fogs (pre-fl) are the same for the Fabia and the Roomster!.....well they are the same bumper.....

I recon that the dealer fit round fogs will fit straight in no probs as they just added those overlay moldings to an existing Fabia/Roomster bumper

And yes it will look 10x better with the round fogs!!!!!!

• Like 1

Did some more checking in my old cats'...........the part numbers for the dealer fit round fogs (pre-fl) are the same for the Fabia and the Roomster!.....well they are the same bumper.....

I recon that the dealer fit round fogs will fit straight in no probs as they just added those overlay moldings to an existing Fabia/Roomster bumper

And yes it will look 10x better with the round fogs!!!!!!

Don't suppose you have the part numbers for the fogs? Startosg did link me to some on eBay at about £26 each, whilst I suspect they're not OEM, I'll likely go for them given my track record of breaking fog lights :(

The only other challenge I can forsee is that the round.fogs will house a different bulb type (IIRC H3) whereas the squares are H8, meaning the electrical connection plugs will be different.

Easy enough to sort though as it is a simple +ive and -ive feed. I'll just need to source the plugs from a scrapper with enough wire attached to splice to exsisting loom. :thumbup:

Missed the postman yesterday so It's off to collect the blanks on Monday B)

Don't suppose you have the part numbers for the fogs? Startosg did link me to some on eBay at about £26 each, whilst I suspect they're not OEM, I'll likely go for them given my track record of breaking fog lights :(

BFB 700 001 is the number I found in one cat on my computer...........not at home so can't double check the actual printed cats that I have!!

• Like 1

A quick google of the part number gives this right at the bottom left corner :thumbup: and on page 24 of this

Same number........different cat.............so must be correct!.........this would be for the set/kit that a dealer would "plug & play" ........so just need to find a dealer with surplus stock.......or who will order direct from Skoda for you

• Like 1

Same number........different cat.............so must be correct!.........this would be for the set/kit that a dealer would "plug & play" ........so just need to find a dealer with surplus stock.......or who will order direct from Skoda for you

Still tempted to buy the O.E. spec ones from ebay. I'm more than sure that the official skoda/hella product will be mucho £££££'s :(

Ehm!!! Well I found that code 7H0941699C but it is more reffered to VW fog lights and less to Skoda parts. It is left one .But while trying to confirm a cross refferance I found this one which confirms the BFB 700 001 part number.

Can't wait to see final result. I bet my last euro that will be far better than square ones,

====================== EDIT ===================================================

I think this seller is a Skoda dealer too and there is the price too. You can give them a call to verify the price.

This seller is from the bay of e and he is from your Country too. So you can also give them a call in order to verify price and maybe quality issues.

Disclaimer : I do not intent to advertise or not any of the above linked sellers, just try to help Johny5ive.

Edited by stratosg
  • Like 1