TIP advice

K17KEO

I have fitted a silicone TIP to my occy VRS but looks as if its hard up against the metal coolant pipe? Would it be advisable to trim the turbo end a little bit? Has anyone else come accross this problem? Thanks in advance

I have fitted a silicone TIP to my occy VRS but looks as if its hard up against the metal coolant pipe? Would it be advisable to trim the turbo end a little bit? Has anyone else come accross this problem? Thanks in advance

Hi there buddy , yes some of these need trimming depending on the make you have. I trimmed mine approx 30mm to get a better smoother line to turbo end and avoid any squashing of the pipe on coolant lines etc. Just go careful that you leave enough to make a good seal over turbo and clamp that tight as it is under pressure. It is a little fiddly due to poor visibility and not much space.

Mine is autobahn88, ill have to wip it back off and give it a trim :-) cheers 4 fast reply bud

No Worries buddy.

That is exactly the same make as mine. All my hoses are Autobahn88. So yes defo needs trimming :thumbup:

Hi there buddy , yes some of these need trimming depending on the make you have. I trimmed mine approx 30mm to get a better smoother line to turbo end and avoid any squashing of the pipe on coolant lines etc. Just go careful that you leave enough to make a good seal over turbo and clamp that tight as it is under pressure. It is a little fiddly due to poor visibility and not much space.

The turbo intake pipe won't be under pressure, but yes it should still be done up tight.

The turbo intake pipe won't be under pressure, but yes it should still be done up tight.

I meant the pipe and not due to the turbo. The pipe is very tight and you have to force it over the turbo so the because of this can slide back off it this makes sense..

• 3 years later...

I just removed the bolt holding the radiator coolant piping to the side of the block when I fitted mine.  Didn`t need to modify the silicone tip in any way.

Edited by sammyhale30