Samsung Galaxy Ace

Bassa

Has anyone got a Samsung Galaxy Ace? Had mine for two days, it pairs OK with the car's bluetooth, can make and receive calls but the phonebook will not upload. Originally I stored contacts to the phone but clutching at straws, I deleted them all and saved them to the sim. Phone book still refuses to upload, no such problems with my old phone - such is progress.

Perhaps you need to authorise the phone to share the phone book with the car?

I have a Galaxy Ace and the phone book uploaded to my Garmin SatNav with no problem.

I have had problems previously trying to send photos by BlueTooth to the computer and it was just a simple setting issue and I can do this with no problems now, so perhaps this is something similar for you?

Perhaps you need to authorise the phone to share the phone book with the car?

I have a Galaxy Ace and the phone book uploaded to my Garmin SatNav with no problem.

I have had problems previously trying to send photos by BlueTooth to the computer and it was just a simple setting issue and I can do this with no problems now, so perhaps this is something similar for you?

The new phone works perfectly with my PC transferring files etc. both ways, it's just the phonebook upload to the car that's proving the problem. I've paired it then deleted from both the phone & car several times without result although it pairs with the car each time followed by a message on the Maxidot along the lines of "unable to store phonebook" . Currently all my contacts are on the Sim with nil stored to the phone. Will have another search through the phone's menus but I cannot recall a share phone book type option. Perhaps I should put the new one on ebay and stick with my old Motorola - but then again I can't play 'Angry Birds' on that one :giggle:

Has anyone got a Samsung Galaxy Ace? Had mine for two days, it pairs OK with the car's bluetooth, can make and receive calls but the phonebook will not upload. Originally I stored contacts to the phone but clutching at straws, I deleted them all and saved them to the sim. Phone book still refuses to upload, no such problems with my old phone - such is progress.

Same thing happens with Kitten's HTC phone.................emoticon-0120-doh.gif

I had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2. I noticed that shortly after it connected, there was a message on the phone asking if I wanted to share the phone book which I hadn't noticed. I suggest that you try to look at your phone as soon as it pairs. Maybe try again to delete the pairing from the bluetooth options and try again the pairing. Also at the bluetooth options on the phone, as ExAudiSi says, check if BTSkoda is authorized.

Let me know if it worked.

I don't have any problems with my HTC, as both are android there shouldn't really be any issues. what version of android are you running?

Android 2.2 (Froyo)

Will delete the device from phone and Maxidot again and pair once more. Also I did not check the phone's screen on pairing but this time I will .

Android 2.2 (Froyo)

Will delete the device from phone and Maxidot again and pair once more. Also I did not check the phone's screen on pairing but this time I will .

My HTC hero paired and shared well enough, how do you delete a phone from the car though? In setting up by my local stereo shop a test pairing with the techies Iphone is still there and I would like to delete it.

I had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S2. I noticed that shortly after it connected, there was a message on the phone asking if I wanted to share the phone book which I hadn't noticed. I suggest that you try to look at your phone as soon as it pairs. Maybe try again to delete the pairing from the bluetooth options and try again the pairing. Also at the bluetooth options on the phone, as ExAudiSi says, check if BTSkoda is authorized.

Let me know if it worked.

SORTED

You are a star, this has been driving me crazy. When I paired (for the unpteenth time) I noticed the share phonebook message this time, a tiny obscure banner across the top of the screen. I dragged it down, authorised it and hey presto all contacts uploaded :thumbup:.

Many thanks for helping me sort it out, do not believe there is any mention of this in the manual - no wonder we never read them first!

Edited by Bassa
  • Like 1

My HTC hero paired and shared well enough, how do you delete a phone from the car though? In setting up by my local stereo shop a test pairing with the techies Iphone is still there and I would like to delete it.

Go into the Bluetooth menu, user, select device and scroll down to delete. Done it so many times over the last couple of days, believe I could now do it blindfold.

Go into the Bluetooth menu, user, select device and scroll down to delete. Done it so many times over the last couple of days, believe I could now do it blindfold.

Probably me being dense but I've been in to the maxidot and there is no bluetooth menu. Phones gives no delete option and under media players delete brings up the message cannot delete as is also used as a phone.

Had a look and cannot find a way in through the Bolero.

Any clue where I am going wrong?

Probably me being dense but I've been in to the maxidot and there is no bluetooth menu. Phones gives no delete option and under media players delete brings up the message cannot delete as is also used as a phone.

Is there a phone menu?

If so go into that and there should be a settings and bluetooth or pair phones menu.....

edit: you can't delete if connected I believe, disconnect first. I deleted a phone the other day I think.

SORTED

You are a star, this has been driving me crazy. When I paired (for the unpteenth time) I noticed the share phonebook message this time, a tiny obscure banner across the top of the screen. I dragged it down, authorised it and hey presto all contacts uploaded :thumbup:.

Many thanks for helping me sort it out, do not believe there is any mention of this in the manual - no wonder we never read them first!

I am glad I was able to help!

In this forum usually I feel I'm unable to help, because I am not good with cars . But computers, cellphones and electronics in general... that's another matter. Anything you need help with in this field, just ask.

I am glad I was able to help!

In this forum usually I feel I'm unable to help, because I am not good with cars . But computers, cellphones and electronics in general... that's another matter. Anything you need help with in this field, just ask.

Thanks once again, from a fellow 1.2TSi DSG Aqua Blue owner.

Thanks once again, from a fellow 1.2TSi DSG Aqua Blue owner.

I was about to suggest it was an android version problem but then I realised that my personal phone (gingerbread) and my work phone (froyo) both work just fine :giggle:

Glad you got it all sorted in the end

Make sure your normal phone is connected to the Maxidot first, then the menu should show and scroll down to Bluetooth. Find the one to delete. Hope that helps.

Off Topic, Info only. When I arrive home or at work, my HTC Desire bluetooth connection drops then reconnects. The operative word being "arrive".

After having a Google, it would appear there is a bug in the system. If the phone is moved into a known (registerd) WiFi area, the bluetooth drops. As I say, Info only.

Edited by Ray_Green

Anyone know how to stop the very loud 'bing bong' when the phone disconnects when you turn the car off?

Issue, I have a couple of small sleeping babies on the back seat, arrive quietly at home and now when I reverse it beeps like mad to tell me I'm reversing towards a wall and then sounds like a bluetooth Big Ben when I turn off! Almost guaranteed to wake them up after a quiet drive..... Currently not linking bluetooth on night drives!

Anyone know how to stop the very loud 'bing bong' when the phone disconnects when you turn the car off?

Issue, I have a couple of small sleeping babies on the back seat, arrive quietly at home and now when I reverse it beeps like mad to tell me I'm reversing towards a wall and then sounds like a bluetooth Big Ben when I turn off! Almost guaranteed to wake them up after a quiet drive..... Currently not linking bluetooth on night drives!

See here:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=site:++site:briskoda.net+briskoda.net+connection+bong

Touch the scroll well, voice starts barking then twirl the wheel to lower the volume where you want it. Job done. BUT you won't hear a word people say when they call you. So you twirl it up again and voila next time your car connects to the phone: ear deafening BOING. Grrr. You can disable it completely via VCDS.

recommended emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Gizzmo found it on Elsie first and then we posted in Johann link I believe. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

does this also silence the ear splitting noise when you hit the voice activated dialling command (ie left scroll wheel)?

does this also silence the ear splitting noise when you hit the voice activated dialling command (ie left scroll wheel)?

That is at the same level as the telephone setting, not disabled as you need to know it is active. But if the boing is disabled then you can have the level at whatever you like.