Familyfix base and pebble isofix seat with yeti?

Dinski

Hello all,

I've been searching but can not find any info on the comparability of the familyfix base fitting the isofix points in the yeti.

I've checked the owners manual but it doesn't make much sense, it does say that it has isofix points on, and I've seen them marked on the rear seats but the base we have will not fit.

It fit in my juke and my old civic I had and now fits in my wifes Mazda 2, but for some strange reason I can't find the points to connect it in the yeti.

In the manual it says something about some sort of eye attachment but doesn't explain it very well.

Does anyone know if I have to buy some sort of an attachment or will it just not fit to the isofix point?

Thanks in advance guys.

Push the seat down a bit and you'll see them. Like the other Skodas they sit below the seat.

Best way to fit will be to not use any locating tunnels as this will hinder you. Connect at an angle, then lower and push fully home.

Thank you.

I'll have a look at it first thing in the morning I'm really worried the familyfix won't fit the yeti, I tried for ages to do it and at the end came to the conclusion that it must be because the seats fold up and out that it won't fit.

But again thank you I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

I have fitted the Britax seat to the Isofix points without any problem to my Yeti. The fixing "loops" are well hidden under the backrest cushion. I did use the (Britax supplied) locating tunnels and, as they hook over the Isofix loops, they make re-fitting the seat a doddle. The Britax seat required a third fixing. A strap goes over the back of the seat and hooks on to another metal loop (not the lifting handle) that is marked for the purpose behind the lower back of the seat.

One point, the Isofix loops are not directly behind the marker tabs on the seat but, if you pull the back cushion up, they are quite easy to see.

I am not an expert on Isofix but I understood that the Isofix standard gives location points that are a prescribed type and a set distance apart so, in theory, any seat with Isofix should fit any car.

Edited by Terfyn

^^^This

I found the locating loops hard to find, but if you push the squab and back rest apart you'll see them. My Maxi-Cosi base and Cabriofix seat fitted fine.

Yes, the Maxicosi FamilyFix base does fit the Yeti.

We have it in our Octavia with the Pebbles seat and had to swap it over to a Yeti courtesy car we had.

For some reason the yellow plastic guiders didn't fit, there just wasn't enough room, but the base still fit just fine :thumbup:

Yes, the Maxicosi FamilyFix base does fit the Yeti.

We have it in our Octavia with the Pebbles seat and had to swap it over to a Yeti courtesy car we had.

For some reason the yellow plastic guiders didn't fit, there just wasn't enough room, but the base still fit just fine :thumbup:

Hi I have the familyfix base with pebble seat and the base will not fit the yeti, I've felt around where the isofix tags are on the seat but it does not have the bars behind it like in my wife's Mazda 2 and my previous 2 cars.

I even pulled the seats forward to check at the back of them.

Either they have not put them on mine for some reason or they are hidden somewhere.

I'll have to take it back to the dealer to see if they can show me.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Carl.

If they're not there then Skoda have an issue, as since 2006 ALL new cars must have them by law.

I need to take it back in then because I can not see them.

I could take photos to show you guys

Thanks.

I need to take it back in then because I can not see them.

I could take photos to show you guys

Thanks.

hope this is the bit you are looking for. you will find two small slits in the seat lower cushion

post-52230-0-40394800-1316987523_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-62066900-1316987610_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-23534200-1316987627_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

hope this is the bit you are looking for. you will find two small slits in the seat lower cushion

I defiantly did not look there, I assumed they would be where the back meets the seat like on other cars. But thank you I will go have a look now.

I defiantly did not look there, I assumed they would be where the back meets the seat like on other cars. But thank you I will go have a look now.

only guessing they are the bits you are looking for don't need them for a 23 year old :rofl: next door now think I'm mad out with a camera at 10.30 :notme:

only guessing they are the bits you are looking for don't need them for a 23 year old :rofl: next door now think I'm mad out with a camera at 10.30 :notme:

Lol I bet they do, I'm gonna go out and check it in a sec.

Thanks.

Aaaaah, that's right! I remember now! I only had it for a demo and I remember seeing the stitched-on "ISOFix" logos (which are used to identify where the points are) and thinking "so where are they?"", then finding the very well-hidden slits and thinking "neat!".

Thank you very much indeed. That was exactly what I was looking for, tried the familyfix base, it works a treat.

I never would have expected to look for slits in the fabric. Very unusual, I just hope they wear well and don't fray at the edges.

Again, thank you.

Thank you very much indeed. That was exactly what I was looking for, tried the familyfix base, it works a treat.

I never would have expected to look for slits in the fabric. Very unusual, I just hope they wear well and don't fray at the edges.

Again, thank you.

Always happy to help a fellow smoc member :thumbup: