Redditch Skoda - Trust Group

• 5 months later...

The Yeti had it's first longlife service here today. Initial quote of £185.15, then agreed to price match with All Electric in Kings Heath at £169.78. However the final bill was £154.45 which included a wash and vacuum and they dealt with a recall job under warranty which we knew nothing about - 91G6 "Control unit of the steering column (SMLS)"?????

Collected and delivered the car at the times they stated and were happy and helpful.

Interestingly they only charged £2 per half litre of Castrol Prof SLX III totalling oil at £18 plus VAT. When they serviced my Touran in February 2009 they charged £6.50 per half litre of longlife oil which meant a bill of nearly £60 plus VAT just for oil. Since then I've been using a different VW dealer and taking my own Quantum Longlife III in with me in a 5 litre can!

• Like 1

Glad you were pleased with the Service on your Yeti.

In regards to the oil in your Touran we are always happy to price match and do our best to offer you great prices. As a briskoda member you are also entitled to 10% off so please bear this in mind for when your Touran is due a service, if you give us a call nearer the time we will be happy to help you.

hmmm, tried calling trust skoda parts 3 times today, always busy. I usually ask them to call me back if they're busy on the first call but that call never comes, this is frustrating.

After the 3rd go today when I sayd "i've tried 3 times, i'll call back" the woman who answered the phone just said "ok" and put the phone down, not "sorry, let me see how long they are going to be"!!!!!

I get all the work done on my car at trust redditch, but there's nothing more frustrating that not being called back and not being able to speak to someone in parts :wall::swear:

I'm after the following if anyone can post the price on here

1Z0 858 069 L 2AU - Trim for climatronic switch for vehicles with navigation system bright aluminium

7M0 035 727 - 18 Pin Media Connector

Hello,

Firstly let me apologise for the way you feel you have been dealt with over the phone regarding this. I have spoken to the Parts department as well as the Brand Manager at the Redditch site and have informed them about your feedback, to which they have also expressed their apologies.

I have requested the prices for the parts you have outlined above and will hopefully have these with you shortly.

Good afternoon

part number 1Z0 858 069 L 2AU is £18.98 and with you 10% it comes to £17.08

and 7M0 035 727 changes part number to 3D0 035 131 is £5.78 and with the 10% £5.21

Both are avaliable from skoda uk stock and would take two days to arrive

If you need them orderd give me a call on 01527 883300 or email me [email protected]

Ben Hamilton

Trust Skoda Redditch

• 3 months later...

Hi Ben,

I am a potential customer of your branch, living fairly locally in Droitwich - having bought a 2010 Octavia VRS from a Skoda Dealership last September. I am shortly to go on a trip to France to Eurodisney, and not too long after I suspect my car will tell me it needs its first variable service.

I wonder if your dealership is aware of this issue, that my car in particular suffers from ? http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/241435-bolero-whats-the-current-firmware/

Essentially the SD card takes a very long time to read the folders and begin to play music, mine can take anywhere up to 4/5 minutes I guess from putting the key in the ignition and driving off to it actually start to play any music, and there is a similar delay should I wish to navigate the folder structure - this causes both me and the wife much anxiety as I frequently keep looking down to see if the sterio is "ready" to accept the next keypress or not, whilst glancing back at the road to see if I am about to have a head on collision!.

(Why do skoda not put sterio controls on the steering wheel on VRS's?!!?!)

I wonder if you would be able to quote me a price on a fix for this firmware issue (I am confident that a fix does indeed exist as this thread and others (I will find and link them if needed!) verify that an update does cure this issue) as the dealership I bought the car from is in Cheshire and its a very long way to go.

Ideally I would love to get this issue resolved before France, but as that trip is only a couple of weeks away I realise that this is unlikely. Has your dealership had any experiance of this as it seems that the forum members are having very mixed results on geting this issue resolved and its very annoying, and kinda embarrasing, to be honest to say to your friends and colleagues "hey look at my shiny new car...music? yeah that will play 5 minutes down the road...and more often than not, not at all, as we can reach the destination before it actually starts!"

Sorry for the ramble...but wondered what your thoughts were.

Mark Pointon - music less VRS owner.

Hi Tech1e

My head unit is a Bolero, (it doesn't have Sat Nav or Parking sensors) just a normal sterio. If you can get to this link heres a picture of it, http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj525/Mark_Pointon/?action=view&current=bolerosterio.jpg However, I don't know the part number for it or the software that its currently running. If there is an easy way to find out I will gladly do this? or I could drop the car in to the dealership if that's easier?

The posts that people have posted the fix are :

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/243105-instructions-to-dealer-for-bolero-update/page__hl__+bolero%20+sd#entry2854170 post 2 mentions an update to fix a "Bolero curve fault" to firmware 54 to fix the issue?

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/151637-speeding-up-bolero-sd-possible-solution/page__st__210 post number 222 mentions firmware update to no 54 fixes it

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/241435-bolero-whats-the-current-firmware/ post 11 and 25 seem the most useful ones here, also mentioning update to firmware 54

I can probably find some more if needed but wonder if this is enough for you to investigate for now?

Thanks for helping

Mark

I know there is an update for Bolero, although it might not be for yours so it needs to go in to be checked. If its a 2010 car is it under warranty? As it is a fault it should be covered.

I'm sure Trust can help you, as could we but as this is Trusts section I would want to interfere with potential work for them even if it's warranty. But we are all in the same dealer network and our aim to all Skoda customers is to satisfy so if I can help of course I will.

Off topic, I know, but I used to work right next door to there way back when (Richmond truck and car rental) I acually passed by in March while up in the 'Ditch and my old school is a stones throw away. I'll drop in next time I'm there and take one of your Octy vRS' for a spin if you'll oblige! ;)

I don't have another large capacity card to try, but looking at the forum posts on here about this issue, it seems much more of a widespread problem, that does appear to be resolved by the firmware update, just do a search for Bolero SD and it brings up a load of results with many posters.

Not that i am opposed to trying, and if anyone (local to worcestershire region) has a card there I can borrow to try, I will gladly pop in for a few mins to test it.? or maybe try my card in another "known working" sterio?

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic, I know, but I used to work right next door to there way back when (Richmond truck and car rental) I acually passed by in March while up in the 'Ditch and my old school is a stones throw away. I'll drop in next time I'm there and take one of your Octy vRS' for a spin if you'll oblige! ;)

I'm sure that wont be a problem, pop in when your next free and one of the guys will be more than happy to help you out!

Hi Ben,

I am a potential customer of your branch, living fairly locally in Droitwich - having bought a 2010 Octavia VRS from a Skoda Dealership last September. I am shortly to go on a trip to France to Eurodisney, and not too long after I suspect my car will tell me it needs its first variable service.

I wonder if your dealership is aware of this issue, that my car in particular suffers from ? http://www.briskoda....rrent-firmware/

Essentially the SD card takes a very long time to read the folders and begin to play music, mine can take anywhere up to 4/5 minutes I guess from putting the key in the ignition and driving off to it actually start to play any music, and there is a similar delay should I wish to navigate the folder structure - this causes both me and the wife much anxiety as I frequently keep looking down to see if the sterio is "ready" to accept the next keypress or not, whilst glancing back at the road to see if I am about to have a head on collision!.

(Why do skoda not put sterio controls on the steering wheel on VRS's?!!?!)

I wonder if you would be able to quote me a price on a fix for this firmware issue (I am confident that a fix does indeed exist as this thread and others (I will find and link them if needed!) verify that an update does cure this issue) as the dealership I bought the car from is in Cheshire and its a very long way to go.

Ideally I would love to get this issue resolved before France, but as that trip is only a couple of weeks away I realise that this is unlikely. Has your dealership had any experiance of this as it seems that the forum members are having very mixed results on geting this issue resolved and its very annoying, and kinda embarrasing, to be honest to say to your friends and colleagues "hey look at my shiny new car...music? yeah that will play 5 minutes down the road...and more often than not, not at all, as we can reach the destination before it actually starts!"

Sorry for the ramble...but wondered what your thoughts were.

Mark Pointon - music less VRS owner.

Hi Mark,

I have forwarded this thread onto one of the guys for him to read through and come back to you on. Will come back to you shortly!

Hi Mark,

Some feedback for you here. Please DM me if you wish to book it in or indeed for any further help.

"I am not aware of an update that is specifically for this issue, but if the vehicle is in warranty the diagnostics can be carried out free of charge, the same goes for any update that may be necessary. I have had this concern once before and it was in fact caused by a memory card of too high capacity. I would always suggest that the driver tries another memory card (also smaller in capacity). If the vehicle is not warranty an update would be charged at half an hour £42 inc vat."

• 1 month later...

Bought an octavia vrs off them couple of months ago, got a great price after some tough negotiations! Was supplied with endless cups of ' proper ' coffee, was a real pleasure dealing with Dave and Malcolm. Got a proper test drive, not just the usual 5 minutes and back. Had no problems at all with the car and had a few calls from them to check everything was ok. Needed the radio code as I swapped mine for the Columbus and it was no problem for them I got numerous calls from them and endless running around-- nothing was too much trouble! A real pleasure dealing with these guys if only all dealers could take a leaf out of their book!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...