Yeti service indicator reset

Nutty Girl

I have a Yeti 2.0 TDI SE, I have had it serviced by an independent garage however they couldn't reset the service indicator. Could anybody explain how to do this?

Hi, you can do this through the Maxidot if you have it. I think it's an option under "Settings"

Stewart

I believe it is the same process as on most VW group cars.

Press and hold in, the trip button, turn on ignition but do not start the engine.

Keep trip button pressed in for 10 seconds after ignition on.

Release trip button and then turn ignition off.

When you next rurn the ignition on, the service indicator should be reset.

I know this work on our 56 plate fabia vRS

I believe if you reset the service indicator through maxidot it will only do so to a fixed time/distance setting. To reset to variable you need to plug into the OBD port.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I assume that means a trip to the local dealer as I have no clue how to do that ;-)

I hope your independent garage who did not know how to reset a VAG service indicator has used the correct oil, failure to use oil meeting VW 507.01 on a DPF equipped car will lead to premature failure of the DPF.

Thanks Ian, I assume that means a trip to the local dealer as I have no clue how to do that ;-)

A dealer will not reset your service light if they have not carried out the service. Doing so qualifies the service an the laws eyes, just as stamping a service book would.

I believe it is the same process as on most VW group cars.

Press and hold in, the trip button, turn on ignition but do not start the engine.

Keep trip button pressed in for 10 seconds after ignition on.

Release trip button and then turn ignition off.

When you next rurn the ignition on, the service indicator should be reset.

I know this work on our 56 plate fabia vRS

Doing that will reset a variable car to fixed.