Heated seats and switch inside seats

Browser

As my driver heated seats doesn't work, then I started to wonder, what could be the problem. As I realized from the passenger seat, that it does not matter, if someone is sitting on the seat, the heaters are still working. So is this correct or does the heaters work only when someone is sitting on it?

Second question is about the seat belt. Does passenger seat has a switch, that is reporting to car that there is someone sitting and then puts a seat belt light on?

How does the driver side seat belt warning work? Is this correct, when starting the car, seat belt warning bing's 7 times and warning light goes out then. I noticed when not putting my seat belt on, the warning light still goes out. Isn't there any switch in seat that reports to car, that driver is not wearing seat belt?

Maybe the heater problem could be from the seat switch?

Edited by Browser

As my driver heated seats doesn't work, then I started to wonder, what could be the problem. As I realized from the passenger seat, that it does not matter, if someone is sitting on the seat, the heaters are still working. So is this correct or does the heaters work only when someone is sitting on it?

Second question is about the seat belt. Does passenger seat has a switch, that is reporting to car that there is someone sitting and then puts a seat belt light on?

How does the driver side seat belt warning work? Is this correct, when starting the car, seat belt warning bing's 7 times and warning light goes out then. I noticed when not putting my seat belt on, the warning light still goes out. Isn't there any switch in seat that reports to car, that driver is not wearing seat belt?

Maybe the heater problem could be from the seat switch?

Seat heaters work without anybody on the seat, useful for keeping the takeaway warm on the way home :rofl:

The heated seats will work with or without anyone sitting there.

The seat belt light does not stay on after the 7 bings, even if the driver's seat belt is not fastened.

Sorry, I don't know where the fault is - maybe each seat has a separate fuse? (doubt it)What about the connection under the seat? (though be careful not to play with the airbag one)

Yep. Just came back from outside where I switched the switch to passenger one and still no heating. Does anyone know, which wire to look for, when I get the seat out? Last time I saw bunch of wires, but didn't know what is what. Airbag ones I noticed. Does anybody have any wiring diagram for the seats?

Yep. Just came back from outside where I switched the switch to passenger one and still no heating. Does anyone know, which wire to look for, when I get the seat out? Last time I saw bunch of wires, but didn't know what is what. Airbag ones I noticed. Does anybody have any wiring diagram for the seats?

There are 2 variants of the seat heating, leather and non_leather.

Wiring schematics, look here:

leather

No_Leather

Look for the fuse, if good check +12 supply behind regulators.

Edited by i-s

There are 2 variants of the seat heating, leather and non_leather.

Wiring schematics, look here:

leather

No_Leather

Look for the fuse, if good check +12 supply behind regulators.

I think heated seats in the UK are only available with leather upholstery.

Do you know where we can get schematics like this with the text in English?

cheers

I think heated seats in the UK are only available with leather upholstery.

Do you know where we can get schematics like this with the text in English?

cheers

Hmmm no, because if I select English in the Wiring tool, there is only limited informations. And since I read German without any problems I just keep it in that mode.

Edited by i-s

• 4 years later...