OMG HEADLIGHTS CR@PPY

looks like either nightbreakers or philips extreme ? but really I dont have a clue, ive allready forked out about £120 on both furbys lights between the LEDS and headlightsemoticon-0106-crying.gif

HOW MUCH!?!

night breakers are about £15 on eBay :)

sneaky you bet!!, ive bought nightbreakers from the bay and not sure if they are genuineemoticon-0112-wondering.gif

I have just brought some Osram nightbreaker plus bulbs from amazon for just under £15 including free ultra white sidelight bulbs but have found the original sidelight to be brighter so will keep as spares. The Osram's have improved things a little but they are still not that good.

After a short test run in my car and then my wife's focus I have found the main beam to be most difficinet conpaired to the focus, I have also had to adjust the beam up slightly as it was set far to low from the factory giving me not much more than about 35ft of light on dipped beam.

So overall with the new bulbs and a little height adjustment they are now acceptably but still poor when conpaired to the focus, especially on high beam, so buy your bulbs from Amazon and then at least you know they will be genuine.

Edited by Vrs2

So what we need is a definate answer! in our opinion which LEGAL H7 are the best on the market, because I for one dont want to be shelling out again for bulbs,we know the OEM are cr@p and the xenon filled one's are just as bad, so could this be a pole? I need to know as do all of us which ones are best, I will pop to the dealers to vent my dissapointment of the lights and they may be able to set the dip higher? so can we please make a plea to all the people who have changed there oem for aftermarket bulbs and there marks out of 10, let the fight beginemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

No fight required

Phillips Xtreme win hands down for price against performance imho.

Standard 5

Osram Night Breaker 6

M-TEC (something or other) 5 (Very white light but poor range)

Phillips xtreme 9

None of its scientific, just what I think based on driving to work down country lanes in winter at 6 a.m.

I tried all sorts until I came across the Phillips. They were the only ones that gave a better performance. They arent whiter, they just project further and give better overall illumination. Only way to improve dip is adjust the lights up. Mine is I believe as high as it can be to pass MOT. £20-25 online for the Phillips.

I think it was 'which' that did a headlight bulb test and the Xtreme came out on top by a significant margin. You arent ever going to work miracles on your setup even with better bulbs, but it does make enough of a difference to make the lights adequate.

Our old Mk1 Fabia with four nightbreakers had excellent headlights.

The pre-facelift Mk2 projectors are really poor and the high beam h7 reflectors are just ok.

The new facelifted chrome lights have better projectors but they are still poor, the high beam reflectors are much bettter though.

The monty stlye all in one projectors are the worst of the lot though.

Not tried any of the base models reflector only type though.

As a comparison my Passat's projectors dipped beams are poorer than any of the Fabia's, even with extreme's fitted and the lights lifted they're crap. The high beam are reflectors (with extreme's fitted) and are astoundingly good, like having a Hella light pod on the front of a rally car.

Cheers

Lee

No fight required

Phillips Xtreme win hands down for price against performance imho.

Standard 5

Osram Night Breaker 6

M-TEC (something or other) 5 (Very white light but poor range)

Phillips xtreme 9

None of its scientific, just what I think based on driving to work down country lanes in winter at 6 a.m.

I tried all sorts until I came across the Phillips. They were the only ones that gave a better performance. They arent whiter, they just project further and give better overall illumination. Only way to improve dip is adjust the lights up. Mine is I believe as high as it can be to pass MOT. £20-25 online for the Phillips.

I think it was 'which' that did a headlight bulb test and the Xtreme came out on top by a significant margin. You arent ever going to work miracles on your setup even with better bulbs, but it does make enough of a difference to make the lights adequate.

thanx for that how did you adjust the light from factory setting emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Night breakers are about £15 on eBay :)

yes but are they genuine??????

The ones I bought were a pair in a plastic case, so OEM bulbs can be safely stored, with wrapper and a seal. I'm not going to pull the bulbs out to look again but markings looked the same as the OEM Osram except the code included NBP.

If a fake a very good job, I would have thought to maximise profit fakes more likely to be single bulbs with plastic bubble glued to card backing.

is this easy to do, i will get the phillips extreme or osram night breakers, will the garage do the re-adjustement or can i do it myselfemoticon-0148-yes.gif

6mm allen key is all that's needed. Park it on a flat, level surface facing a wall. Ideally a brick wall so you can line up the top edge of the beam (which does have a sharp cut off) with a row of bricks and guarantee they are equal. Move them up a little at a time until you get a decent throw of light down the road without dazzling. It might take a couple of goes but it costs nothing

It may be worth getting the headlamp aim checked once you have decent bulbs in. I adjusted mine up when I bought the car because they were both too low and uneven. If you are concerned about doing this get an MOT station to do it and adjust it up to the optimum.

I found the same and did likewise.

Tony :)

So what is the favoured bulb? Phillips Extreme Vision or Osram Nightbreakers? What differentiates between the two? And what about Ring's new Xenon 120% bulb?

seriously, if you live in a rural area with no streetlights i'd add a roof bar and put bright led lights on top, or make your own even.

edit: or even mount them on the grille like rally car lights. there's always a solution

Edited by fabia55

Guest George512

I agree with this and the "ultra H7s" off eBay are a load of crap. They look blue and nice but the range is dangerously bad.

Philips X-treme I had in my first Furby VRS and they are great... going to get some for the Furby II.

6mm allen key is all that's needed. Park it on a flat, level surface facing a wall. Ideally a brick wall so you can line up the top edge of the beam (which does have a sharp cut off) with a row of bricks and guarantee they are equal. Move them up a little at a time until you get a decent throw of light down the road without dazzling. It might take a couple of goes but it costs nothing

were do you put the 6mm allen key? sorry have'nt got a clue any pics or video?emoticon-0114-dull.gifemoticon-0105-wink.gif

seriously, if you live in a rural area with no streetlights i'd add a roof bar and put bright led lights on top, or make your own even.

edit: or even mount them on the grille like rally car lights. there's always a solution

This is how our Finish Briskodians fix the problem, care of user blenheim

13082011421.jpg

I have a new Greenline II so not quite sure if they're the same lights as everyone else has here -I can't imagine why they wouldn't be, they're not great on dip but the high beams are fine for unlit country lanes. My previous car -a 1st generation Volvo C30 had bad headlights on dip, and I mean really bad! For me, the Fabia's are a definite improvement.

Sounds like there it a problem with the nice "designer" look lights!!!.........also they don't make the stone guards for the facelift MKII (there is a part no for the early MKII)........wouldn't ever do with out these (I'd be on my umpteenth set of lights by now!)

P.S. in all the tests done over the past 16ish years it is almost allways Osram and Phillips who win the top two slots...WHY?.......because they are light bulb manufacturers (have been for ages...I know this from my Architecture side of things)....and very good......the newish 100% from them are very good, as I've have a set for the past two years (since they first came on the market)...and in the past I've had the 30%, then the 50% etc etc .

I get them from my local motor factors....or from

http://www.powerbulbs.com/?gclid=CMP-lZiNk6wCFYEZ4Qodzksgmg

B)

I wonder if there is adjustment issues here depending on which factory the car was built in. Would be interesting to measure beam throw to see if there is a massive difference between the cars people don't have issues with and those that do..