MK1 vRS - Stage 2 R-Tech Tuned

Phil-W

Rally red?

Whats that then? It's the colour Red.

Metallic or flat? Flat. And whats the difference to the other red? (corrida is it?) It's a bit Reder.

HTH :happy:

• Like 1

FK Exhaust was a fail. Wouldn't fit correctly without having to modify things and thats not good for a "direct fit" exhaust.

Sent it back and ordered a Jetex Cat Back (Non-Resonated) from Venom Motorsport instead.

Fits well, also put a new front mount on for the back box...

99bcafcd.jpg

a291bd6c.jpg

d4ed8d3f.jpg

Also changed the Pollen Filter...

7cee74cf.jpg

Put the Forge 007P on the right way round (was fitted in reverse by the previous owner) as the metallic "chingggg" noise was annoying. Its a lot quieter now but i encountered a problem with the Vac line being kinked when the engine cover is re-fitted. "Fixed" it for now with a cable tie but i'm hoping when i put a new TIP on it will cure the problem.

8eec2f5e.jpg

• 2 months later...

Had a good look at the bumper trims today and the 'fading' is actually on top of the trims, if you scratch it with your fingernail it comes off so I'm going to have a look at scrubbing them up a bit, failing that I'm going to buy a tin of Plastidip.

Also bought this, old TIP was a bit tired (shallow cracks in places) so I was on the look out for a Silicone one. Randomly talking about vRS's over on another forum and the previous owner popped up recognising the car! We've spoken in the past (I tracked him down and called him) but this time he messages me and offered me a Silicone TIP that he never got round to fitting, cost him about £80 delivered, he let me have it for £50 posted.

2afe90db.jpg

Happy I've got it but I've heard they are buggers to fit so I'm expecting lots of swearing and cuts/bruises!

• 3 weeks later...

Still haven't fitted the TIP, or the Coil Pack cover i bought from Liverpool-Lad. Still need to paint the brakes and i've just taken delivery of a Reversing Sensor kit.

Will do the sensor kit this weekend depending on how the weather is :)

img4711hr.jpg

Edited by Philip W
  • Like 1

Hard (and most scary, ever!) part done. Need to get a couple of clips, cable ties and connectors to finish off the wiring. Looks very simple to finish off!

564e1898.jpg

:)

• Like 2

Very cool , and very tidy :)

Id be worried they wernt the same level and i woulda fudged its

But looks very subtle dude :)

Me likey likey likey likey likeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

( that was a bad joke of a reversing beep - sorry i blame flu tablets and bugs )

Did u just measure the same distance down from the black trim ??

And any links ??

Although i dont see me having the bottle lol

:D

I got the link from the Parking sensor thread. On the first page someone put the item number up on there. The colour i chose was "7. Bright Red".

I took the black trim off. Behind it in the middle of the bumper is a mouding mark, this is dead centre so i then had a starting point. I measured left and right the distance required (again, in the Parking Sensor thread) and marked the area behind where the bump strip attaches. I then taped up the bumper with masking tape (directly under the bump strip area), marked up where i needed to drill (ruler and spirit level to make sure it was dead straight) then bit the bullet and drilled. I would be 100% confident if i ever did it again, once you do the first hole its fine. I would offer to help you do it but you are a little far away! Road trip ;)

Finished off the sensors today...

Insulated the 4 wires from the sensors and led them to the rear light area...

1f410a67.jpg

Put the buzzer in, I was worried you couldn't hear it but it's plenty loud enough!

2860155a.jpg

And then mounted the control box. It sits on a lip and underneath is an empty space so I used that to stow away the excess cables...

a89fce46.jpg

All in all im very impressed for £13.99. When you engage reverse you get a beep to tell you the sensors are activated. It them beeps faster and faster the closer you get to the object behind you. It is quite 'safe', the solid "Stop NOW" beep leaves you with around 2.5" of space behind you!

They really are easy to fit - just make sure of the measurements 2 or 3 times before you drill, and the rest is straight forward. The tool in the kit is very sharp and of suprising quality considering how much the kit is.

Get them and store them till you need them, thats what I did, Fitted it all in 1 hit with my removable towbar.

Another update. Purchased this last week on eBay...

0fcfec39.jpg

I've been biding my time since i bought my Cat-Back for a Downpipe/Hi-Flow Cat to come up second hand. I couldn't justfy spending £400 odd one one however a lot have said that the Downpipe is one of the biggest bhp-related restrictions when going for a remap. With this in mine when this Milltek one came up we struck a deal and here it is.

The difference between this and stock is quite shocking...

dscn1642om.jpg

Will hopefully make a considerable difference. Will be fitted once i get a new gasket and nuts.

TIP fitted now, ball-ache of a job and one which I wouldn't like to attempt again! Engine cover won't fit now as it fouls on the Recirc Valve so looks like I'll need to trim it a bit.

Seems to pick up boost quicker, sounds a bit louder. Can't really tell any difference in how it drives!

9fc7e9bb.jpg

(Jubilee Clip is now fitted on lower pipe btw :))

• 3 weeks later...

Had the Cam Belt changed for peace of mind. Car is approachIng 65k now and no previous history of it being done, incidentally it was the original belt.

A new belt, tensioner etc, water pump and coolant came to £200 inc. labour which wasnt too bad IMHO!

Need to change the oil, fuel filter and spark plugs next and then I'm up to date with most of the serviceable parts.

Also bought these as I think my current set are warped...

99034978.jpg

Thanks chez.

Replaced the gash blue hose that came with the CAI for a black silicone one, tempted to paint the pipe black now to keep it as standard looking as possible!

Also re-fitted my engine cover after it was removed to fit the TIP.

26155ada.jpg

Edited by Philip W