Dipped Headlights Not Working " Help"

Help !!! Turned my headlights on 15 minutes ago and No dipped beam , flicked the High Beam on and there Ok but no dip .

drove 2 miles on side and front fogs to get home occasionally using High Beam and then dip started working again .

Any idea's before I call out Skoda assist

Bad contact if main beam comes on and dip comes on occasionally both there's an issue with rocker switch get it to the dealers

Do you mean the dip / beam switch on the steering column ? I hope that's covered by the warranty

Edited by stevensmith91

Do you mean the dip / beam switch on the steering column ? I hope that's covered by the warranty

Aye seems strange the main comes on and dip comes on intermittently, contact or steering switch may be an issue but definite warranty covered, doesn't either dip come on if so its a switching issue

Help !!! Turned my headlights on 15 minutes ago and No dipped beam , flicked the High Beam on and there Ok but no dip .

drove 2 miles on side and front fogs to get home occasionally using High Beam and then dip started working again .

Any idea's before I call out Skoda assist

I assume your model has either separate bulbs or a dual filament bulb for dipped and main beam.

Since both headlights were are out when you switched on dipped this points not to an intermittent contact in a headlight unit but to the steering column switch, a relay if the switch controls one rather than directly switching the lamps or a wiring / connector problem.

What ever the fault since your car is not 3 years old it ought to be sorted under warranty. If your dealer is not co-operate talk to customer services at Skoda HQ.

I assume your model has either separate bulbs or a dual filament bulb for dipped and main beam.

Since both headlights were are out when you switched on dipped this points not to an intermittent contact in a headlight unit but to the steering column switch, a relay if the switch controls one rather than directly switching the lamps or a wiring / connector problem.

What ever the fault since your car is not 3 years old it ought to be sorted under warranty. If your dealer is not co-operate talk to customer services at Skoda HQ.

Update : The problem was caused by a relay above the fuse box coming loose , my supplying dealership eventually traced the problem after having the car for 2 hours :yes: :yes: :yes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update : The problem was caused by a relay above the fuse box coming loose , my supplying dealership eventually traced the problem after having the car for 2 hours :yes: :yes: :yes:

Just to say thanks for posting this update - I find it very helpful when people post what actually happened, especially when I am faced with the same problem.

• 1 month later...

Just to say thanks for posting this update - I find it very helpful when people post what actually happened, especially when I am faced with the same problem.

I've had two occurrences of this problem, both within warranty. The first time I took it back to the dealer they changed the 'control unit' and the problem went away ... for a bit. It's back now so I've just taken it back again to the dealer this time I've referenced the information in this chain ... very helpful. No doubt someone from Skoda is reviewing this forum ... there seems to be a design weakness here.

• 1 year later...

Update : The problem was caused by a relay above the fuse box coming loose , my supplying dealership eventually traced the problem after having the car for 2 hours emoticon-0144-nod.gifemoticon-0144-nod.gifemoticon-0144-nod.gif

I´m having the same problem and my fix until now has been to use the highbeam and lower them, which yes means I have my highbeam on all the time however it doesn´t seem to be affecting the oncoming traffic ? . . . . 

Anyhow my issue now is MOT, meaning it will not pass so my question is; if it would be possible for someone to show me perhaps with a photo where exactly this relay is as I think this is the cause of my issue.

I have changed the bulbs various times and checked fuses (which are ok) and until a few weeks ago would every now and then lose my lowbeam, however now its completely gone and will not return !

HELP, PLEASE.

Thanks in advance.