Aftermarket Sunblinds third price of Skoda

Big Rich

As I posted Here

There is now an aftermarket sunblind set of 6 for the yeti, through Van style UK sunblinds for a third of the price of the Skoda ones at only £71.99

Massive reduction in cost compared to Skoda!

I've added these to my wish list, for when the Yeti arrives next year.

Link updated

Edited by Big Rich

You are having a bad computer day Richard! Why two posts on this?! (I won't mentione the slate and chalk incident(s) from earlier!) :giggle:

I have a set of FIVE original Å koda Yeti blinds (not sure how you can have six to be honest?) This is a personal thing I know ,but I've found them too dark! I don't have kids in the back so I'm not really bothered by protecting young skin from sun. So I've taken them out. Not sure how these aftermarket ones fit but the Å koda ones still allow the rear windows to go up and down without having to remove the screen(s).

Anyone wanting these can make me an offer via a PM. (I'm driving up to Yorkshire tomorrow morning by the way (alas not in the Yeti) but can drop them off, if within a reasonable distance from my route if need be).

Yes having a bad puter day (why is there no delete post option :'( ).... On the page is a video on the right handside a 1/3 the way down showing how they fix.

I'd probably use the 3 rear ones to keep the dog out of the sun and occasionally the rear windows for our 4 year old daughter.

They just clip in like the Skoda ones do.

I have a set of FIVE original Å koda Yeti blinds (not sure how you can have six to be honest?)

The rear window will be split into 2 individual blinds - so 2 for rears, 2 for side boot windows and 2 for boot. They are like this to prevent the material from sagging over time.

The rear window will be split into 2 individual blinds - so 2 for rears, 2 for side boot windows and 2 for boot. They are like this to prevent the material from sagging over time.

Yikes!!!!! So you will have a black line down the middle of the hatch glass like on a MINI Clubman?!?! No thanks. The Å koda hatch window blind is one piece so apart from it being darker you don't notice it is there. :thumbup: Similar to this:

w_sonnenblende_ford_1.jpg

• 2 years later...

A word of warning - I bought the Van Style shades for my Yeti.

I have a FL yeti so I'm going to be generous and say that perhaps they fit better in the original - but if I'm honest I don't believe that is the case as I'm 99% certain the window apertures in the doors/tailgate are not changed between the models.

Issues I have:

- The rear side door window blinds just don't fit - they're too big. You have to contort them into ridiculous shapes to make them go into the recess, then they just foul the electric window mechanism.

- The two-piece rear window blinds fall out every 3rd or 4th time I open the tailgate. It seems when you shut the tailgate they work loose slightly - and as I say, after a few operations they're dislodged sufficiently to fall on the floor when opened.

I have contacted vanstyle and they have issued a partial refund to me. The only 2 shades I don't have a problem with are the rear side windows. They fit just fine.

They may be 1/3 the price of the genuine Skoda items, but there is a reason for that.

I've had the Van Style UK blinds for about a year and I find the fit very good and that they do not interfere with the electric windows; my Yeti is a Classic so I can't speak for the FL.

As posted above the rear blind is in two pieces, I wasn't sure I was going to be happy about it but in fact very quickly you don't even notice the join. Took them out over the winter and when I refitted them I did have the problem of the rear blinds dropping out, usually only one so it must have looked a bit odd for following vehicles. Then I realised what the problem is. They are basically a push fit with just a single clip on each half and if the clip isn't correctly seated it doesn't hold on the trim round the window. I adjusted mine slightly so that it "hooks" into the trim and have had no problems since.

Carrying my dogs everyday and elderly parents frequently for me they were a great purchase (they not only help with the sun, they seem to reduce wind noise when the windows are down) and now I wouldn't be without them. And they complement the wind deflectors that help keep the rain out! 

Anyone wanting these can make me an offer via a PM. (I'm driving up to Yorkshire tomorrow morning by the way (alas not in the Yeti) but can drop them off, if within a reasonable distance from my route if need be).

I'd make you an offer, but I'm no where near that route. Would you post or try the Briskoda 'Greenline' courier?

Think they might have gone since 2011.

Fair point.

I didn't check the dates on all the posts in the thread, just the last few.

Never mind. I don't have a Yeti yet anyway!

Why not just PM Johann?

Gosh...  those were indeed picked up way back in 2011 by a member on here!