Dash Board Lights

I have Felicia from 1995 and the dash board lights from the left side are not working, so when is night i cant see the temperature and the speed. I tried to open that front plastic piece but something is holding it. I am asking can only the black plastic piece be opened or the whole front dash? Here's a picture, the green circle is where the light is not working, and the red are the screws i managed to find. (It's a picture of a another felicia but it's the same board).felicia-1999-interior-scan10022.jpg

Thanks guys for the info. I have a few other questions about the replacement because I am not a mechanic , I am newbie like my status in this forum :rofl: . How can i get to the yellow screws, the left is behind a plastic cap, do i need to just pull it with a help of a screwdriver, and how about the screw behind the heat panel (i dont want to break anything)? And another question, do i need a green light bulb (because the dash is with green light) or there is a green cap which makes the regular bulb (yellow) green?

The screws are just behind small panels. The centre bit of the vents just pops off easily, flat screw driver at the top of it will pop it off and the same with the blanking plate.

It is a standard bulb in the holder, 1.2 watt I think? (Haynes manual tells you what bulbs are in what colour holders), the green comes from what the light shines through on the 'viewing' side :)

Lee

Edited by Lee A

No need of the manual (for now) i bought same bulbs as i took one from the dash (unfortunately i took a working one it was the one showing (i dont know exactly what it's name on english) for the left turning green arrow but never mind i bought 3 of these and replaced and now i can see everything in the dark :rofl: :rofl: . Thank you again for the info so much :thumbup:

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all, do you know if this can cause a battery to drain?! I never did get round to getting this fixed on my car - now having serious battery drain problems! mechanic thinks it's the stereo but i'm now thinking back and wondering...