Wet Carpets...

sfinn216

Hi,

Just joined, and this is my first post on the site...

I've just chopped in my beloved 94 Jap-import Impreza WRX Estate, for an 03 Octavia VRS Estate (in black obviously). I decided on one about six months ago, and I've just bitten the bullet and made the change, and I'm chuffed to bits so far...

Just done the usual bits - phoned Skoda to check it out, I'm getting a full service and a belt change done with them, and also getting the coil-pack recall sorted at the same time...

The only downside to the car so far, is I've noticed it gets all wet inside in bad weather... I'm gonna get this looked at when I take it to Skoda, but does anyone have any hints or previous experience of dodgy seals or leaky points on the VRS Estate ?

Cheers,

Scotty.

Where is it wet? The mk1 Octy is prone to water leaking into the passenger footwell if the pollen filter isn't seated properly and the scuttle drains are full up with crud. If its under a particular door then check the door seal, if it's in the boot then check the rear washer hose hasn't popped off. They don't often suffer from door seal problems (unlike the same platform Seat Leon) but I did see a post the other day on here which was an octy door seal gone

Cheers for the replies,

At first the carpets were wet under the passenger seats, which made me think of a door or boot seal... And then the other day, I took it through the carwash, and the following morning - i noticed it was wet in the drivers footwell.

drivers side - check the scuttle panel drain & the bonnet release cable + loom entry points

passenger side - check the scuttle panel drain (passenger), pollen filter, grommet near by (often used for amp installs)

Also door seals, sunroof, door internal plastics (often cut when aftermarket speakers have been installed)

Where is it wet? The mk1 Octy is prone to water leaking into the passenger footwell if the pollen filter isn't seated properly and the scuttle drains are full up with crud. If its under a particular door then check the door seal, if it's in the boot then check the rear washer hose hasn't popped off. They don't often suffer from door seal problems (unlike the same platform Seat Leon) but I did see a post the other day on here which was an octy door seal gone

+1 for the pollen filter. Just pull back the plastic cover under the glove box, if its wet then you know its the pollen filter.

I added a sub to my car and we didn't seat it properly afterwards and during my trip to Ibiza it caned it down with rain and flooded the car.