32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

Hey guys

I'm bringing all this info from my blog - this seems to be the right place to show all improvements done to my Fabia Sport.

First change was to remove the Atrias and install a set of Alutec 16" Dynamites plus a spoiler from Mattig. That stupid vRS badge was on the car when I got it so foul play by the dealership.

Last but not least I got installed a set of mudflaps, 3M tints, painted chrome trim, xenons and led lights inside-out.

SUcS2KZ.jpeg

AQVCMVw.jpeg

AnyvLZU.jpeg

yfEWh9D.jpeg

Installed a set of vRS foot pedals as the stock ones looked boring, an armrest plus Fabia door sills.

Y32A3Ay.jpeg

bs8Y8RY.jpeg

KeYEguj.jpeg

Next was Dance radio's turn. Installed a 7" Pioneer AVH-4200DVD (later that year it got stolen and I replaced it with a Pioneer AVH-3300BT which funny enough was even better but with a slightly smaller screen.

Also a set of Hertz speakers was installed on all four doors. That was a big improvement!

LN0dDPc.jpeg

Further down the line I installed a Fabia Sport roof spoiler - love it. Stubby antenna too!

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

After all the fun with accessories and body styling it was time to tackle the engine department. I wasn't happy with the power of the car. 85hp was not enough for me so after putting some money on the side I decided to take the big step and with the help of a friend who is a mechanic the changes started taking place. I will outline them in form of bullet points as they are too many to explain and don't have the time to go into details - if you got a question though feel free to ask!

UmsY7Qp.jpeg

* Cold air full intake kit by GREEN
* Head Flow Improvement by Nizamis Motorsport
* Pistons, Rods & Crankshaft from 6n2 Polo GTi
* Camshafts DBilas (253°)
* ECU Remaping by KAKARIS PERFORMANCE
* Handmade exhaust manifold, Stainless Steel catalytic converter, Exhaust piping (50mm)

and finally after a few months a set of "Okada Plasma Direct Coils" was also installed. The result was a healthy 135hp!!! (unfortunately I can't remember torque) but soon I will have a dyno test cause I need the final figures after installation of the coils and fine tune of the map. I will make sure I post it up.

After gaining this power I immediately realized that I needed better handling. So I installed a set of Koni Sports, KW springs and a Whiteline rear arb.

W8jsKqw.jpeg

fm6Dnd0.jpeg

6HPsp8i.jpeg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 2

Back to cosmetic changes. I bought a set of Milotec DRLs from Germany. It was an impulse buy and an expensive one at that but thank god the quality build was very good. The DRLs (from what I can read in the manual) are made by Nolden http://www.noldengmbh.de/ and seems they can withstand some beating and harsh weather. Also I'm very glad I got the dark version (meaning the insides got a black housing rather chrome) they suit the black Fabia better.

The package came with all necessary cables, brackets, screws and ballast.

8Cha833.jpeg

88ZkGUm.jpeg

Dh88U9e.jpeg

q7BgIJ3.jpeg

D54NgA3.jpeg

Don't be puzzled when the DRLs start blinking. Their frequency when dimmed down apparently cannot be properly recorded by my camera.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

After that I decided it was time to Montify my headlights. After some tests I realized that the Skoda originals couldn't not be opened the easy way - only way was by breaking them or cutting them and that would have been expensive and overall not a smart move in the long run. So I got myself a set of Depos which with a heat-gun were very easy to open. Shame I don't have photos of the process - didn't think of documenting the whole thing but after a lot of hard work the result was good enough for me. It could have been perfect but being this my first DIY I shouldn't complain.

ZJpxHUA.jpeg

rKqI3fm.jpeg

yDiQKeq.jpeg

0iP34mW.jpeg

QEQ3VLE.jpeg

The latest changes or better additions to the car are two instruments (water temp and Wideband) that I installed on after a lot of research on the steering column.

The pods are from Craven Speed. http://www.cravenspeed.com/products/The-Belmont.html

BiMwp8i.jpeg

2Ij1grT.jpeg

and I was fortunate enough to find at a good price a set of immaculate 17" Gigaro Alloy Wheels and I said bye bye to the Alutecs.

Finally a short video with the car still wearing the Alutecs.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 4

Thats a great looking Fabia! Do you happen to have a "how to" for the headlights? I'd like to do the same.

Great stuff! :thumbup:

Just seen a post no worries about the lights, but are they aftermarket lights that look OEM? I've seen chinese ones too....

post-4851-0-34138800-1325782900_thumb.jpg

So glad you changed the alloys to the new vrs ones! One very good looking Fabia Sport!

Thanks for the comments guys,  yes indeed the vRS alloys are the best looking alloys for the Fabia in my opinion. Really suit the car and I couldn't be more pleased.

Thats a great looking Fabia! Do you happen to have a "how to" for the headlights? I'd like to do the same.

Great stuff!

Just seen a post no worries about the lights, but are they aftermarket lights that look OEM? I've seen chinese ones too....

Yes they are aftermarket - the company that makes them is called DEPO and can be found on ebay but I'm sure there will be a shop in your area that stocks them. They are half the price, in some cases cheaper. The original Skoda ones (well really they are Hella) are a bitch to open. Ultimately you will have to either brake them or cut them at the seams to open them up and that would be a big no no in the long run. Condensation in the headlight etc. The DEPO ones can be easily opened because the insulating silicone can be heated up and soften with a heat gun thus making the whole process of separating the headlamp very easy. You then need to unscrew and take out carefully all the bits of chrome, paint them and then reverse the process in order to finish your mod. I took also the extra precaution of adding extra silicon where the back and front meet especially on the top. Didn't notice any problems yet and make sure when you are modding that you keep the glass bit clean from the inside ie do not touch it and cover it from dust cause the moment you try to clean the inside it will never be perfect. I learned the hard way

By the way the DEPO headlights function fine even for aftermarkets and didn't have any problems until now. Looks and quality? you can't tell the difference from the Hella ones except of some bits on the back and inside mechanism but other then that they can fool anyone.

Shame I didn't record the process but if I make a set for another friend who is interested I will make sure I do it

Oh one last note - don't paint the all the chrome bits black, well at least I would avoided it. Aesthetically I don't think is the best option and make sure to leave a part of the upper blinker in chrome so the light can be reflected properly. When masking do not use very sticky tape otherwise you will lift off the chrome paint which is very sensitive. In the whole process what I found most difficult was painting the sucker rather putting it together but that has to do with my knowledge in spray painting which is non existent.

Let me know if you need any help with your project.

• Like 1

1325851049[/url]' post='2634614']

Thanks for the comments guys :) yes indeed the vRS alloys are the best looking alloys for the Fabia in my opinion. Really suit the car and I couldn't be more pleased.

Yes they are aftermarket - the company that makes them is called DEPO and can be found on ebay but I'm sure there will be a shop in your area that stocks them. They are half the price, in some cases cheaper. The original Skoda ones (well really they are Hella) are a bitch to open. Ultimately you will have to either brake them or cut them at the seams to open them up and that would be a big no no in the long run. Condensation in the headlight etc. The DEPO ones can be easily opened because the insulating silicone can be heated up and soften with a heat gun thus making the whole process of separating the headlamp very easy. You then need to unscrew and take out carefully all the bits of chrome, paint them and then reverse the process in order to finish your mod. I took also the extra precaution of adding extra silicon where the back and front meet especially on the top. Didn't notice any problems yet and make sure when you are modding that you keep the glass bit clean from the inside ie do not touch it and cover it from dust cause the moment you try to clean the inside it will never be perfect. I learned the hard way :thumbdown:

By the way the DEPO headlights function fine even for aftermarkets and didn't have any problems until now. Looks and quality? you can't tell the difference from the Hella ones except of some bits on the back and inside mechanism but other then that they can fool anyone.

Shame I didn't record the process but if I make a set for another friend who is interested I will make sure I do it :)

Oh one last note - don't paint the all the chrome bits black, well at least I would avoided it. Aesthetically I don't think is the best option and make sure to leave a part of the upper blinker in chrome so the light can be reflected properly. When masking do not use very sticky tape otherwise you will lift off the chrome paint which is very sensitive. In the whole process what I found most difficult was painting the sucker rather putting it together but that has to do with my knowledge in spray painting which is non existent :giggle:

Personally I think you fabia, is the best looking one I have ever seen, it's awesome stealth looks are just supreme well done

• Like 1

Oh one last note - don't paint the all the chrome bits black, well at least I would avoided it. Aesthetically I don't think is the best option and make sure to leave a part of the upper blinker in chrome so the light can be reflected properly. When masking do not use very sticky tape otherwise you will lift off the chrome paint which is very sensitive. In the whole process what I found most difficult was painting the sucker rather putting it together but that has to do with my knowledge in spray painting which is non existent :giggle:

Thanks so much! I can imagine the masking of the chrome ring will be a pain!!! I will get back to you with a pm!!! was I correct in reading somewhere you've got a OEM Sport bumper on its way? ;)

Thanks so much! I can imagine the masking of the chrome ring will be a pain!!! I will get back to you with a pm!!! was I correct in reading somewhere you've got a OEM Sport bumper on its way?

Well not as hard as you would expect. Pick a masking tape that is 5mm width or less so it is flexible. Then slowly apply it on the lines of the ring as best as you can. No need for stencils or markers just follow the shape and try to make it even on all sides. Cover the rest of the remaining hole with wider masking tape and make sure to cover the back too cause spray dust can go through while you paint. Always when removing the tape be very careful cause as I said before you can lift the chrome.

As for the bumper yes, got it the other day and I'm now waiting for it to get painted. The current spoiler I got and which can be seen on my pics broke. I went over a bump at a parking lot which was too high and while going over it I heard I was scrapping the spoiler so I decided to back up spoiler got caught on the bump and the car did the rest and crack! Well anyway I wasn't happy with that particular spoiler as it may look great but it made the car too low giving me trouble many times.

The sport bumper is the best option I think. One thing I don't like with it is that on the sides it looks that it's an add on, stuck on the front of the car but I'm hoping that my car being in black will mute the effect.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I couldn't wait and since I saw the stickies on the VRS a while ago I've always wanted one. Soooo I drew it in the computer and then cut it on metallic vinyl (not chrome which I find tacky).
Detail came out great even though so small (4cm x 4cm) but it was a bitch to remove all the excess pieces and transfer it on the car. Patience paid off and I think it came out great.
Every now and then depending on the angle it give a cool reflection under the sun.

What do you think?

skoda_laurel_irc_2011.pdf

• Like 2

Very good work - must have taken some patience :thumbup:

Cheers Brimma - some bits like the numbers and the irc lettering measure 1.5mm so imagine how small are some bits that have to be removed like the inside of the "0" in "2011"!