32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

Just wow. This is getting better and better.

How much was the steering wheel re-trim in that finish?

If I remember correctly it came to 425euros? Ergonomic design, flat bottom and lacker was what made it expensive - all the rest is simple stuff, ie. leather, red stiching etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I always liked how this one didn't have the Monte Carlo trims on, was more unique I thought!

Black doesn't do the Monte Carlo any justice either really, they look great in every colour apart from black :D

True that on a black car the trim will not be that obvious but I like that little extra width that it will provide. Still "unique" as it will be a pre-facelift with a Monte trim and custom bits. ;)

Of course, love your Fabia mate, it's beautiful!

I'll get pictures of my two up somtime, I've got a pre-facelift with monte trims, wheels etc looks great being silver, I've fitted a full 2012 front end so it's facelift now also

• Like 1

Changed the horn today - the pitiful meep meep has been replaced by a dual tone (low and high) FIAMM AM80S / AM80SX horn set.

These can be found on BMWs, Mercedes, Fords and many others. Not sure why the Fabia (the pre-facelift at least) has such a crappy horn.

The kit comes with a relay, brackets and the two horns of course. Another plus us that it is inexpensive, paid 19euros for set.

I highly recommend it in case you are not happy with the current horn. If you are interested more details of what I got further down.

dfASJDt.jpg

B8F5f2Q.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh my god that is amazing!

I saw your latest pics on facebook.

Love the Braids

The gloss black dash and handles? Are they stick on kit or painted?

Thanks man :) all black gloss interior parts have been painted. It is the only way to go - especially the handles.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will be de wipering the Fabia. I hardly use the rear wiper, when I do it makes the most painful sound (probably it is too dry) and I always wanted to go for the clean look.

If for any reason I find it annoying then it is no big deal to re-install the motor and arm back - nothing permanent. 

There are a few companies that make grommets to cover the hole after the wiper has gone.

Some reaseach and I ended up getting the glass grommet made by glass24.com (http://www.ebay.com/itm/161687624730?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=460660337680&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

It is made from glass, comes with adhesive and some very well written out instructions.

VAad1pG.jpg

MVNYKi1.jpg

nFSVQP1.jpg

Initially I bought a glass grommet made by a company called "gecleant" - they seemed popular and so I went for it but they never shipped the grommet and I had to have PayPal to make them refund me. So beware.

Also there is a UK company that makes similar grommets - Kill All Wipers. They are cheaper but unfortunately they are made out of plexiglass which means that the surface doesn't reflect in the same way glass does and it can get easily scratched meaning that you will always be able to tell it is there.

Anyways, at the moment the weather is too cold - silicone adheesives need warmer temperatures so this de wiper job will need to wait for now.

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2012 at 21:42, 32KOFDATA said:

Managed to find the courage yesterday to install this with my mate. God the day was hot... 100.4F!!! :S

First we took out the front interior light in order to access the power cables which would feed power to the rear interior light. After we figured out which cable does what and how the rear light would function we decided on the placement and using the metallic frame as a stencil we drew a cutting shape on the roof. By the way we decided that the best placement would be in the same line where the roof door handles start. No head (I guess you have to be very tall) can touch it by mistake plus it is in reaching distance from my seat in case I want to switch it on/off.

Then the scary part starts - with a very sharp scalpel we made a smaller cut than the drawn shape and slowly with each pass we widened the opening. Then it was time to fit the metallic frame and with a bit of extra cutting of the roof here and there the fitment was perfect.

90138300_zpsca7d5adb.jpg

Note that the Fabia roof has a layer of insulation material - something like cotton. We had to remove some of that in order where the opening is in order for the light casing to fit perfect.
With the help of a metallic wire we pushed through the cables to the front interior light - that needs a few tries to get it right. Connected the cables and did a test and all worked fine.

99398603_zpsyhcqsvq8.jpg

From there on it was simply a matter of installing the rear light which clicked well in place thanks to the metallic frame.

81957806_zps226e4df4.jpg

57855405_zpsbf9eca83.jpg

Keep your hands clean! we did a couple of finger stains - some foam will fix that :giggle: :p

12016523_zps26b1e8fb.jpg

57553568_zpsb851b487.jpg

53566625_zps74a72076.jpg

At last light at the back! :rock:

Fovero! I have a same idea. But since I am a lightening freak, I would like to put the same lightining unit from the front to the back ( and to put three big led bulbs in the unit like I did in the front). The idea with the metal frame is excellent! Here are the pictures of my parts and serial number for someone who needs it...

20170201_224158.jpg

20170201_224216.jpg

20170201_224244.jpg

forum image hosting

Edited by djordje48
  • Like 3