Speaker Sizes Octavia mk1

Well Good Morning People, I cant sleep so I have been going through old posts gleaning info into the car!! What a helpful site and people you are. Anyway I wanted to change the standard speakers in my hatchback, I just wanted to simply exchange the standard speakers with a higher quality ones without problem. I have done all the ICE stuff about 10-15 years ago, but like everything over time things just drop out of your head and don`t remember much of it now. I am not looking for Subs, Amps,Etc just near enough a straight unplug of old ones and plug in of new ones.

I have looked all around the site to find the exact speakers sizes I need to do this but cant find them, would someone be kind enough to list the size of speakers i.e. front 6 x 4 Rear 6 x 9 etc. And any advice on a decent speaker without spending money I done have.

Thanks Guys and Girls, hope you enjoy this day of relaxation if your lucky enough.

The vrs hatch is 165-170 componants in the front and 130 componants rear

Although alot of people use coaxis in the back and leave the rear door tweeter off

Estates i beleve are 6x4 rear

Alpine iirc do some E-type speakers that get alot of thumbs up

Check caraudiosecurity.com for a nose :)

I'll put links up when on the puty not the iphone mate

The vrs hatch is 165-170 componants in the front and 130 componants rear

Although alot of people use coaxis in the back and leave the rear door tweeter off

Estates i beleve are 6x4 rear

Alpine iirc do some E-type speakers that get alot of thumbs up

Check caraudiosecurity.com for a nose :)

I'll put links up when on the puty not the iphone mate

That`s a great help thanks very much. I will have a little look at those speakers, but they look good and a nice price to. And what ever they are they will sound better than the standard. :)

• 5 years later...

Hey All

I'm looking to do the same as the OP Nutter244. My little plain Jane 2.0 GLX hatch has 165/170 in the front doors and that's it! I have 2 speakers! I gracefully (fat guy remember) crawled inside my boot and measured the mounts for rear speakers, I have the mounts but no speakers. They appeared to be 100mm/4inch. It may be an idea to double check the mounting points in your own variant of Octavia.

Side not: I have recently switched from FM/AM to a DAB unit with fantastic results, during the switch over I noticed that I don't even have wiring for rear speakers!! Simple plug and play operation has become a pulling out interior trim and running wires operation. Again, double check you have everything needed in place so you know exactly what is required for the job.

Edited by Stumpatron