Checking my Service History to confirm cambelt change

The following is info I got on my Superb from HPI check, seems all the service mileage was reported as I know the 76,042 and 78,424 mile ones were at Farmers Skoda in Leicester. Im waiting on info from the cars user on when/if it had a cambelt change which I think should be at 75,000 miles, is that correct?

RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 07/09/2011 108,650 miles

RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 22/08/2011 107,239 miles

BVRLA - MEMBER 28/01/2011 89,896 miles

RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 28/01/2011 89,896 miles

RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 13/08/2010 78,242 miles both front drop arms replaced

RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 13/07/2010 76,042 miles Service

BVRLA - MEMBER 14/05/2010 70,373 miles

RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME14/05/2010 70,373 miles

RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 23/09/2009 51,115 miles

RMI MIL'GE - SCHEME 13/05/2009 41,117 miles

I have the Invoice for first sevice at on 30.09.2008 at 20,633 miles.

Car was regestered and delivered to customer on 24.01.2008.

Edited by bryan350lc

I had this with my Superb.

There was no record of the cambelt service in the service book. I got in touch with the Skoda dealer who did the other services and they confirmed it had been done. I sent in my book and they updated and stamped it to show the cambelt service done. I don't think they would have risked doing this if they hadn't of done it so I'm happy.

Get in touch with the servicing dealer – they should have it all on their computer records :thumbup:

I called them on Tuesday, they confirmed the Sevice and the front drop links but no record there of cam belt change. Im sure it would have been done and is one of the recorded items above, would like to confirm for sure, otherwise I will replace it with a new water pump to be safe.

My thinking is that it looks like it has been serviced properly and I doubt they would have missed a cam belt change, its on 116,000 miles so would not be due for a while.

Is there a central contact within Skoda UK that would have all info on service carried out at main dealers, I dont have any other paperwork and there is no other stamped dealer info in service book.

Edited by bryan350lc

I believe you can, and gauge buy the pointer as to how streched the belt is.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/160276-cambelt-on-my-19-tdi/

What make is the OE belt, as I will have a look at the weekend and see if its been changed and the tension.

Edited by bryan350lc

Remove the engine top cover and the cambelt cover unclips with 2 spring clips. When you refit it, make absolutely sure that the tongue on the lower cover fits correctly into the recess on the upper plastic cover - it's easy to get it wrong.

There is a pointer built into the cambelt tensioner on the later PD engines. Push the car forwards slightly in top gear to tension the belt and then look at the pointer on the tensioner wheel, which should for a newly fitted belt, be in the centre of the slot. The pointer moves to the left (viewed from the front) as the belt wears and a belt which has been in service for (say) 50k miles will cause the pointer to move about 10mm to the left - out of the slot.

Another indication is the lettering on the back of the belt, which is slowly rubbed off by the idlers. It takes about 50k miles of running for the lettering to become difficult to read if a Conti belt is fitted. These figures are of course all approximate, but will enable a new belt to be distinguished from one which is at the end of its service life.

It's vital to change the water pump on these engines as the bearings are insanely loaded and the plastic impellers either come loose or break up. I have assisted in the repair of an engine which came within a whisker of being wrecked by a water pump bearing failure - full dealer history, 2 belt changes - original water pump. Numpties.

If you have any doubts, change the lot and don't believe any assertions or "documentation". Use your eyes and common sense.

rotodiesel.

Edited by rotodiesel

• 3 years later...

I just phoned a SKODA main dealer and they are not able to help me with any service history because they said if the car was not seen by them ...they are not able to give any info...kind of stupid I guess...I will try to contact DVLA maybe they have some info about my car. Btw I looked at the cambelt...I am not a professional but in my opinion the belt looks very well and strong...nothing seems to be wrong with it, The cas has 94k miles and I don t know if the timing belt was ever changed.