Fabia Door Carrier seal repair - illustrated

DRJ

After sealing my front door, I have found that water is now seeping in from around the bottom of the MAIN SPEAKER seal, so I will be removing the speaker and resealing it.

DB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

need to do this on mine i think.. car has been steaming up ALOT so checked under the rear mats the other morning and they were actually stuck to the carpets with ice haha, it was -1 overnight mind ..

my question is, would these door clips work? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-SKODA-FABIA-WHITE-PLASTIC-DOOR-CARD-TRIM-PANEL-CLIPS-/311491994484?hash=item48865ea374:g:4hIAAOSwZVhWRO53

and how many would i need to do both rear doors? ive ordered one tube of 300ml plumbers gold, i take it this is enough to do both doors?

need to do this on mine i think.. car has been steaming up ALOT so checked under the rear mats the other morning and they were actually stuck to the carpets with ice haha, it was -1 overnight mind ..

my question is, would these door clips work? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-SKODA-FABIA-WHITE-PLASTIC-DOOR-CARD-TRIM-PANEL-CLIPS-/311491994484?hash=item48865ea374:g:4hIAAOSwZVhWRO53

and how many would i need to do both rear doors? ive ordered one tube of 300ml plumbers gold, i take it this is enough to do both doors?

I used these clips, which are prefect and have a little rubber washer ....

eBay number: 190801191780

One tube of plumbers gold is plenty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Another thumbs up for me. Found out (the hard way) that my driver's side rear door was leaking bad during the last few days of heavy rain. Bought some clips and plumbers gold (thanks jars) and got cracking. The carpet in the back of my Fabby has been dry for two days now (The smell of 'wet dog' has also gone!)   

Edited by GeneralDogsbody
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't believe it !!!!!! Photobucket is even blocking that link except for the index - but clicking on the pictures there they're still blocked! Anyone know how I can link without the blocking occurring?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...