A cup holder i can use!

Raf_

After fitting my armrest I found that I couldn't use the joke of a cup holder. Remembered an older post about fitting a polo/lupo cup holder so I brought a new one for £29. Fitted it today thanks to some help from exAudisi here's the end result very pleased with it

20120129_140953.jpg

20120129_141023.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join club lupo, in the market place genuine vw parts. The guy is called Dean

There are a few mods that need doing the cup holder first plus the stereo needs moving down

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Been a while since this thread was started, exactly what I'm looking for though.

What kind of mods need to be done to the cup holder mechanism, bit of filing? does the radio slot into the new slot ok?

Why was it necessary to move the radio down? preference?

I had a look at mine and it seems like it might work with available space in the existing slot.

and finally, what of the narrower storage slot? did that come with the parts you bought? or seperately?

• Like 1

Join club lupo, in the market place genuine vw parts. The guy is called Dean

There are a few mods that need doing the cup holder first plus the stereo needs moving down

I looked, there are a lot of Deans, any particular one? :)

• 1 month later...

Did the job, think I need to put the cardboard in or maybe some other material would be better? a small piece of metal?, with one its ok, but when both are open it rotates downwards, I did a bit of cutting and filing to het it to fit so I think I need to put some piece of plastic and a screw to put pressure on the upper surface

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Mercurial and/or @Raf_, did you by any chance made some photo's of the modding?

I too got hold of one of those great 1-din lupo/arosa cupholders and want to put it in my Octavia mk.1. From what is have read so far is, that some cutting or shaping needs to be done? The thing about the cardboard i don't understand fully...  :notme:

Meanwhile I'm waiting for some Kenwood removal tools i just ordered to remove the Symphony radio unit...  :coffee:

Edited by PeterDutch

• 2 years later...

So i read this post and also decided to get the cup holders from the lupo. However I did manage to install them below the radio. Only problem is that it won’t fully open when in park because the shifter is in the way( I’ve got an automatic octy). Mine did also need trimming of course but it did fit. Very pleased with it.

20C7AE0D-7A11-4ECB-B0AF-F128BDB29A26.jpeg

• Like 1

You could swap the head unit and cup holder/cubby around, 

Both will fit in either slot..

Save you hopping the shifter off your coffee ;)

Shouldn’t be too much of a problem since it only taps it slightly and it’s only in park when I’m actually parked. On the forums here they said the radio had to be moved down. However i really wanted the cup holders below the radio so I can still operate the radio with the cup holders out. Just wanted to mention it on here since I found the retrofit on here.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hi Antonson,

Off course you could get it to fit but it’s far from ideal. Since you would leave an open gap and might have to retrim everything.

I still do suggest trying to find these cup holders. I found mine on onderdelenlijn.nl

A dutch site at which scrap yards offer their spare parts from their cars. I would think Norway would have something similar. If not try finding one on ebay or ask a company from the site I suggested if they would ship the cup holder to you.

best of luck!

2 minutes ago, Ricktaal said:

A dutch site at which scrap yards offer their spare parts from their cars. I would think Norway would have something similar. If not try finding one on ebay or ask a company from the site I suggested if they would ship the cup holder to you. 

Thanks, for the quick reply!

I have seen a couple on ebay, buy they are relatively expensive. Those I've seen are about $60.

To me it seems like the one i linked is the width of a DIN-slot so I wouldn't think that it would be necessary to cut more into the dash, if that's what you're trying to say.