Rear Windscreen washer not working - any ideas

johnneal

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me with this.

All of a sudden, a few months back the rear windscreen washer just stopped working, had worked perfectly until then.

Motor sounds like its working normally when I ask for screenwash but nothing comes out, not frozen, screenwash tank full, no obvious blockages.

Any ideas.

The pipe has probably popped off while frozen and is now merrily squirting water on the inside of your boot trim. It's just a push-fit connector onto the back of the wiper motor assembly, and possibly another push fit connector under the trim on the passenger side of the boot (there's two connections on the Golf Mk4 platform, I'm not 100% about the Fabia)

I have similar problem.Pipe on rear washer connected (it has popped off when frozen in the past)but no leaks, motor working but no water coming out nozzle on wiper arm, poked with pin to clear any blockage but still no water coming out. Been like this for 18 months now so use to it so if no one knows the answer i guess i'll just live with it lol!

If its one in engine bay its obvious fill windscreen wash up with water so if it is leaking inside its not going to dye the seats. And hold it on rear for a bit. Big puddle right under engine bay if its there. Might not be fully popped off i think mine was loose for ages as it just used trickle out of rear washer. Guy at skoda told me it had just frozen in the nozzle and worked when they heated it. How wrong they were lol.

The washer pump is in the nearside wheel arch and the pipe conecting it can come off, 3 torx screws hold the liner in place, pull it back and you'll see the pump and the disconnected pipe! There's a thread on here with pictures!

I had to do this last week along with the one in front of the bulkhead!

I was just about to suggest that thread. Ap0gee's post is the most useful. It is a very common thing to happen with Fabias.

Mine normally splits at the Bulkhead (no 2), however I once had it split behind the rear passenger seat (no1).