fl climatronic retrofit

mmmmm, leaves me wondering then why I had the recirc issue to begin with... must admit it didnt do initially when I plugged the unit in, nor the second time i tested it.. just went funny on a drive out.. anyway, ill post back once Ive tried again and let you know what happens

OK, plot thickens, having taken the glove box out, breaking a bit of the silver trim above it, and swearing.. it would appear I have 2 motors not one to control the climate control..

From what ive read and what ED has told me these would need wiring in parallel to get them to function correctly, can anyone advise on this?

It seems odd to me that Rob didnt have to do it on a 2006 model which I can only assume has the same 2 motors mine does... so unsure if its just an issue with either the climate panel ive got working different to some slightly older ones, or just me!!

Anyway, picture below if anyone can advise... if i need to go chopping more wires to do this them ill shelve it and sell the climatronic panel on...

So I have just been out to have a play and I think I am having the same problems as you after all.

When you turn on air-con it will blow out cold air but after a few minutes it will switch to recirculate and the amount of air coming through will reduce.

If I turn the AC off and back on again it starts to blow again. If I switch to recirc then it behaves the same way as it does above.

So What is the thoughts on the solution at the moment.

Well i know over on a VW forum there was plenty of chat about this and having to wire the to flaps in parallel to be controlled as one unit... Not sure about how to do it as the form was german and translating to english was a bit sketchy... however I get the impression Ed on here knows all about this and may have a solution.. but if it involves too much effort I wont bother, its a feature I can live without really as I seem to be throwing too much money at a cosmetic mod..

If its just a case of cutting the cables to the 2nd motor and then wiring it in parallel it should not be too hard. Fairly good access to the area

Will see what Ed says and will then get the soldering iron and heat shrink out

I have fitted a few of these FL panels (vw version) in several golfs

I did solder the wires on my old car, but the last two i did I made a loom that kept the wiring intact and allowed you to revert back to the original when the car was sold

fitting is very easy to do

Hi ive brought facelift climate controls and bolero stereo for my octavia vrs 2006 can any1 help me or tell me if i change the climate and stereo to the1s i have brought will i get the heating display to work on the bolero stereo if any1 can help me with any info please email me at [email protected] or get bak to me asap thanks

Looks like its:

Motors in parallel:

On C Connector (brown): Pin 7 connected to Pin 10 and Pin 8 connected to Pin 9

On B Connector (black): Pin 6 to Pin 7

Job for the weekend

I want the display of heating controls to show up on radio screen will it work if I change to face lift heating controls will the controls show up on my bolero then or wnt this happen till I've changed gate way

Well mine has shown up on my ANS810 when i did a trial run on the FL controls, I havent changed the CAN or anything..

Ive also spoken to Ed and he has mentioned he can do a loom that you just plug in that will take care of the pin 16/20 swap and the others that rob has mentioned above.. Ill prob be going down this route as I can then stick it back to normal should I sell the car etc.. im not keen on chopping looms about, but I must say the display on the stereo looks good..

I'm wondering if some are having issues because of the climatronic they purchased. the one in mine is different to the one in Robs guide and has the same options as my original unit. Robs has a different button above the ac button

Fester, I asked a similar thing a while ago, I wasnt sure if it was to do with the revision of the Climate controls or not either... Ed may be able to answer that one, certainly not something ive got a clue on...

Anyone??

Not sure of the revision letter but I also read this back when I fitted mine. Around 2006 was cut off if I recall.

Adam

Gavin, Have you had any issues with your Flaps going into recirculation since switching the controls over? there has been much talk of it not working and as your car is a 2006 I would assume you have the same issue as Rob and myself?? Not sure if Rob has worked out a way to deal with the issue yet but can only assume you have the 2 flaps not 1 as the newer cars do...

Have you fully tested your setup yet?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have that very part number functioning in my Octavia (excerpt from a VCDS scan below:)

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255)       Labels: 5K0-907-044.clb
   Part No SW: 3T0 907 044 BQ    HW: 3T0 907 044 BQ
   Component: Climatronic   H18 0506  
   Revision: 00001007    
   Coding: 0000000002
   Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345
   ASAM Dataset: EV_Climatronic A01010
   ROD: EV_ClimaAutoBasis_SK35.rod
   VCID: 820D4F3E152C9C0E027-80D7

As mine is in a pre FL Octavia, I have a couple of faults, one which I have since got rid of by fitting an air quality sensor.  The other has had no impact.

Adam