Octavia VRS TFSI BCS Exhaust

I now have the BCS system fitted to my car and it is awesome. It has transformed the way the car performs and sounds. The system is a true 76mm system from the Turbo to the tailpipe. It looks OEM from the rear with the slash cut twin tailpipes but doesnt sound OEM. It sounds more like a supercar on idle and sounds perfect. When driving it is not boomy inside the cabin like some exhausts can be. At cruising speeds there are no unwanted vibrations in the cabin or drone from the exhaust. You can hear it in the background but it is not intrusive until you put your foot down and it wakes up. It sounds very much like a super car when on full throttle and not chavvy!! That was very important to me when I picked BCS as they make exhausts sounds quality but not sounding like a Corsa with a Peco big bore on the rear!

They offer it in two formats with a rear silencer or without. With rear silencer fitted there is no exhaust noise audible from the cabin. That is ideal if you want the performance without the noise. I have the one without the rear silencer fitted.

They have managed to keep the exhaust 76mm when going over the rear axle. Some companies that offer a 3inch cat back system reduce the size of the pipe to go over the axle as it is a tight fit. The space measures about 4inches for the pipe to go through and the pipe is 3inch. So they only had 1/2 an inch either side of the exhaust pipe to play with. Dave said it took him a whole day just to design that part of the exhaust to make it fit without restricting flow and be easy enough to reproduce again on a jig.

I opted for the 200 cel cat as that will flow upto 370bhp. More than enough even for the K04 boys and girls! They do a 100 cel but that is only really for cars that do track days etc.

I also asked Dave to wrap the downpipe and that has helped reduce the engine bay temps. After a long drive I was able to reach round to the rear of the air box and put my hand on the heat shield. It was warm but not baking hot so that it hurt to touch. I could hold my hand and keep it held on with no problem. I have also got lots of heat reflective film under my engine cover so the intake temps should be nice and cold!

My overall opinion of BCS is that they are very friendly and true car enthusiasts! Nothing was too much for them to do and they know how to build fantastic exhausts. Oh and the missis said Dave makes excellent Coffee lol

Next step is a SHARK stage 3 map!

• Like 1

Sounds good put some pics and sound clips up. How much does the 3" cat back retail for?

The Jetex 3" Cat back is £247 + del and they are known to make a quieter exhaust I have a feeling this will be a bit more.

I now have the BCS system fitted to my car and it is awesome. It has transformed the way the car performs and sounds. The system is a true 76mm system from the Turbo to the tailpipe. It looks OEM from the rear with the slash cut twin tailpipes but doesnt sound OEM. It sounds more like a supercar on idle and sounds perfect. When driving it is not boomy inside the cabin like some exhausts can be. At cruising speeds there are no unwanted vibrations in the cabin or drone from the exhaust. You can hear it in the background but it is not intrusive until you put your foot down and it wakes up. It sounds very much like a super car when on full throttle and not chavvy!! That was very important to me when I picked BCS as they make exhausts sounds quality but not sounding like a Corsa with a Peco big bore on the rear!

They offer it in two formats with a rear silencer or without. With rear silencer fitted there is no exhaust noise audible from the cabin. That is ideal if you want the performance without the noise. I have the one without the rear silencer fitted.

They have managed to keep the exhaust 76mm when going over the rear axle. Some companies that offer a 3inch cat back system reduce the size of the pipe to go over the axle as it is a tight fit. The space measures about 4inches for the pipe to go through and the pipe is 3inch. So they only had 1/2 an inch either side of the exhaust pipe to play with. Dave said it took him a whole day just to design that part of the exhaust to make it fit without restricting flow and be easy enough to reproduce again on a jig.

I opted for the 200 cel cat as that will flow upto 370bhp. More than enough even for the K04 boys and girls! They do a 100 cel but that is only really for cars that do track days etc.

I also asked Dave to wrap the downpipe and that has helped reduce the engine bay temps. After a long drive I was able to reach round to the rear of the air box and put my hand on the heat shield. It was warm but not baking hot so that it hurt to touch. I could hold my hand and keep it held on with no problem. I have also got lots of heat reflective film under my engine cover so the intake temps should be nice and cold!

My overall opinion of BCS is that they are very friendly and true car enthusiasts! Nothing was too much for them to do and they know how to build fantastic exhausts. Oh and the missis said Dave makes excellent Coffee lol

Next step is a SHARK stage 3 map!

Thanks for the great review Matt

Price for the full Turbo back exhaust with Motor Sport cat is £1132.50 however, we can offer it at £995.00 to the Briskoda members

Here are some pictures for you to have a look at...

_DSC1485.jpg

_DSC1484.jpg

_DSC1483.jpg

_DSC1482.jpg

_DSC1481.jpg

_DSC1479.jpg

_DSC1476.jpg

_DSC1475.jpg

_DSC1473.jpg

_DSC1469.jpg

_DSC1468.jpg

_DSC1467-1.jpg

_DSC1464.jpg

_DSC1490.jpg

MotorSportCat.jpg

Catcomparison.jpg

Edited by Nige BCS

Very nice!

Out of interest and if I started to play and won the lottery how much is just the cat back?

At the moment we only offer a full system from the turbo back - however, we would be able to make a downsizing link connector pipe to mate to your existing OEM system if required, although we would require your vehicle on site to achieve this.

This is a unique stainless steel 76mm free flowing system.

The Downpipe to OEM cost would be £510.00

The Sports full system would be £962.63

The Prestige or 'quiet' full system (Three silencers)would be £1004.70

The exhaust wrap is £25.00

These prices are with the Forum member discount.

Cheers

Nige

:happy:

Edited by Nige BCS

Bloody shame nobody does a nice system for the 170 CR............

I would imagine a CR Diesel could sound quite rorty with the right plumbing :angel:

Probally like the diesel Audi at Le Mans ,,,,,,, a sewing machine!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I spoke to BCS today and will get a full turbo back system for my vrs . Still not sure if should get the sport version , it sounds really good in the video but hard to say how it is in real life, I dont want to draw too much attention to the car. How loud is it on the outside when not giving it too much welly ? Think it was Nige I spoke to, really nice guy and he suggested a hybrid of the the sport and prestige system which they would make for me. Sounds like best of both worlds but just don't want to regret not going for full sports system. Plenty of chav corsas and OTT scooby and evos etc which you can hear coming a mile off but sound like crap tbh.

• 8 years later...