1.4 tdi timing belt change

seboni121

It's four years so I'd get it done.

It's really easy as there is loads of room to get down that side of the engine.

I won't do it I'll brake it , I have to pay although I will purchase bits first then get someone to fit it

• 1 year later...

Can Anyone explain to me, why 4 years.

I bought my Fabia 3 1.4 tdi estate new in 2009.

The hand book says 120,000km, it doesn't give  a time.

I understand that the belts fitted are made by Continental, here is an excerpt from Continentals website written in 2009 "Already today maintenance intervals have become a thing of the past for the 1.0 to 1.6-l petrol engines in the Volkswagen Lupo, Polo and Golf as well as in the corporation’s Skoda and Seat model lines. Nor is it normally necessary to change the timing belt on the Audi TDI engines with the common-rail injection system. In all timing belt drive development projects currently under way, the belt is standardly designed to hold out for the life of the engine."

In view of this and the improvements in technology since 2009, why 4 years?

The cost of getting the job done is £299 from my dealer, £275 form in independent around £100 to buy the parts for DIY.

I bought an Elsawin Manual for my Fabia to show my how to do the job, when I put my vehicle detail into the Maintenance notes section it projected a change of cambelt in 2031

Cheers

Edited by enfield250