Changing headlight bulbs on a MK2 VRS

x4cs

bit of guidance please....

Ive popped the black rubber resin type cover off and i can see the bulb....

I want to know if i need to look out for any specific clips etc that release the bulb from the headlight enclosure before i go snapping something.

Thanks ,

The bulb holders are very tight

If you see where the lugs of the bulb holder are located there is a small screw

If you loosen this screw the bulb holder turns very easly

After replacement tighten the screw

They're quite stiff, don't be afraid to use some force. I spent half hour on first one plus cuts & scrapes on my hand. Then got the knack and did the other in 30 seconds

Ha! Im in the same boat. Not quite half an hour on the first, but i was afraid of breaking it as i twisted.

Just changed my bulbs for something brighter, spent 20 mins trying to get it back in the wrong way! Thought I was careful not to get it twisted around. And I laughed when the lady in Halfords asked if I needed them fitting for me.

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I should be picking up my new VRS at the end of the month, I've got a question about the headlights and bulbs though.

I also own a Monte and the headlights were poor, so I bought these 'OSRAM NIGHTBREAKER PLUS H7 BULBS 90% BRIGHTER' and they are an improvement, now, looking at the new VRS in the brochure it appears to have the dark lenses like the Monte, do you know if it also has the same bulbs in as the Monte, if so I'll buy some new bulbs that can be fitted before I pick it up.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 years later...

Having frightened myself out of changing bulbs,(due to bad press on getting old ones out),to ones with which I could see.I realised today I had,metaphoricaly,grown a pair and changed the bulbs in ten minutes!!

• Like 3

They are quite accessible compared to many modern cars, but expect a lot of swearing trying to fit them. Especially in the dark and wet, not recommended!

The comment about Halfords, the one time I had bulbs fitted by them, they were....you guessed it, upside down!

Oh and single bulb in the black pack VRS for both main and dipped.

Edited by TeebsVRS