Launch control + Anti Lag

It's possible to do it on a few different ECUs, here's my Mk1 Octavia shot after hours in our old car park (eh hem) on standard management

http://www.youtube.c...bed/M72FpIc12u0

Edit - tried to embed it but can't find it in the options

I'm guessing this is the one you were telling me about... terrorising Porsche drivers on a track iirc. Lol

How do you manage to program this into the ecu you then?Do you need to use VAG-com or will a remap place be able to sort it out?

It's a map inside the ecu that needs to be altered so a remap is needed.

My vRS is already mapped, would it be a case of altering the map slightly or would it need a full on custom remap elsewhere to implement the launch control?

Yeah would need to be altered. You only have to alter one map.

Edited and uploaded a new map to mine tonight. It works :)

Currently got it set to around 3krpm. Will have to test to see which rpm would be best.

Currently got it set to around 3krpm. Will have to test to see which rpm would be best.

is this something you'd be willing to do for other members aswell for some beer money?

The problem you face is IMHO it will always be slower than if you just used your head.

Its ok setting at 3k, but what if the tarmac can take a 4k launch to be faster?

Or only 2k, as its slippy as f0000k

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post, but is it easy to edit the map for launch control? I have a 'tweeked ecu with launch control set at 3k rpm, but this is useless for a track day, as the cars have to be sound checked at 4500rpm! I can upload and down load maps but I dont know how to edit them. can anyone help?