Gordon Lamb Skoda - Derby

• 1 month later...

Not used them in anger since the change of ownership but their communications on the change have been good and not intrusive. A mail drop about ownership change with an invite to some evening thing I could manage and a very polite phone call checking my details and answering any questions about the ownership change. Looks like they have grand plans for a new premises.

I'm assuming that the main staff will remain the same which for me would be good as I have liked everyone I have dealt with when it was Clock. Salesman not pushy and offered what I considered to be a good deal from the outset, way better than another close by dealer offered. Parts guy was extremely helpful in getting winter tyres and steels.

• 7 months later...

I have an Octavia and the wife has a Fabia, both bought new from Clock and serviced with them while under the old ownership. My wife had a monthly service plan with the old company, and Gordon Lamb refused point blank to tranfer a credit of over £500 built up against the next service..."you'll have to get that back yourself from the old Clock people". That took over a month, while Lambs insisted she pay for the service, which she had to do by credit card and pay interest.

Just before we had been to an "open evening" with the intent of looking seriously at a new Octavia. Was left sitting for over 45 minutes "waiting for a salesman to be free" (presumably free from boozing and chatting with the other salesman), The guy then looked at my existing car, parked outside in TOTAL darkness, and, about a week later phoned me with a derisory p/e and a finance plan nothing like I had requested.

So the next buy will be elsewhere, and servicing will be by a first-class local independent, who I dealt with 20 years ago in my BMW days.

Edited by railwayman2

• 3 months later...

Just ordered a new octavia from Gordon lamb derby, and I'm very pleased with the service I received there. They were willing to talk about a discount straightaway, and while they didn't match the price I found on an Internet car broker site, they weren't far off, and they offered a fair price for my old octavia in part ex. So all in all a good deal.

• 3 weeks later...

These chaps are quit helpful in store.

I had a nice phone call off them 2 weeks ago asking if they could buy my Fabia VRS off me, as they are in demand and had none in stock and they would sort me out another car. Immediatly i siad no, however after thinking about it I might consider it, on the condition they can get me a Superb in my colour & spec. :think: :think:

• 11 months later...

Great salesmen & women, and cannot really fault the sales side of the purchase. However SERVICE!!! 

I bought a 60 plate Fabia VRS from Lamb's, following my dad's purchase of a new superb elegance and his partners purchase of a new fabia monte carlo. All of us received an exceptional experience in purchasing the car (despite the black hole LONG WAITING new builds, however this is no fault of Lamb's). 

After buying my car, the same day the exhaust system warning light came on, so I got RAC out who said it was 'TURBO OVERBOOST CODE', and cleared the code. 

This fault came back on in total 5 times, each time I took it into Lambs, who on two occasions kept the car for 2 weeks. They admitted they were not sure what was at fault but replaced a sensor before on the last time me complaining to Lamb's HQ. The head of service then rang me from Derby to ask some questions and once I asked about the turbo over boost code, he said he had 'never heard of that mentioned'.....despite me giving them the RAC report with the diagnostic code on and me telling them! 

After this phone call/kick up the arse...they found a crack in a turbo pipe so replaced that. They then found something wrong with the ECU so replaced that. I then decided seeing as it had been in for 2 weeks already that they could replace my rear badge (which had white worm) which they were more than reluctant to do...and ended up in me point blank saying...I don't care who pays but you will replace it....(ended up sales having to fork out the cost...fork out?...its only about £10!!!!). 

I am still awaiting the return of my car, from this episode, but I really don't think I will be using Lamb's again. In the mean time they lent me a 14 plate fabia demonstrator which I have managed to rack up a good 500ish miles onto it. More worryingly though I came back to it in the car park yesterday to find the rear near side brake light (just the lens) smashed...by I presume another car/person. So no doubt they will try and make me pay for that. If they do, Im tempted to get back onto Lamb's HQ or Skoda UK....

I understand I may be liable to foot the repair which, down to research I guess will be about £70-£100....but Ive been fk'd about so much by them and not had my car hardly at all that they should be offering me compensation not giving me a bill for a repair. 

George Tyler 

• 3 months later...

Went to look at an approved used ex demo being advertised by Lambs in Spondon and ended up striking a very good deal on an unregistered car in the showroom which caught our eye instead.

Arranged collection to be delayed until we were back from a holiday, however a few days later the initial salesman I was dealing with left the firm rather suddenly but Chris who took over our order proved to be excellent at communication and carried out a very professional handover, without any faffing about.

Unlikely to use them for service, as they are far from local but the car was prepared and ready to go when we arrived to collect and they had left any further valeting to me as requested.

First time I've visited or used this dealership but sales wise, from my experience, they are worth a visit.

TP

Sales guys are quite helpful (all but one have been shipped in from Chesterfield). I think Chris is the one leftover from Clock. After sales not so great, the service department are a bit of an uphill struggle and parts seem to have a grudge against people who want to buy bits, as well as keeping very little in stock.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Had mixed experiences with them under old ownership who sold us our first Octavia, but just got a new one from them. Pleasantly surprised at the part ex they offered, decent discount, haggled on our behalf for some disability adaptations we needed, generally a good experience.

Need to finish the new showroom though!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Between my wife and I, we have purchased 4 cars from them in the past 3-4 years. One Citigo, one Fabia and two Yetis. So far we've had very good service from Simon Field. Each time he has worked hard to meet our requirements and on the last visit actually worked to permit us to replace and upgrade our cars early and save money on the finance.

Aftersales has been mixed. Some faults on my Yeti were never fixed properly (in the end I fixed them myself - mostly squeaks and rattles). They have always picked our cars up from work when they needed servicing etc which is a huge help.

Much better experience than my original dealer (Autosales Cannock). 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...