How to replace puddle light bulbs

• 6 months later...

Is this the same bulb as the two used in the Combi boot lid door as floodlights when the boot is open? It looks like there's a good chance of it fitting. I'd like a lot more light than the current bulbs supply. Canbus compatibility isn't a worry for these bulbs as I unplugged the bulb and got no error from the car, so it's not monitored, but I want something significantly brighter if at all possible.

Is this the same bulb as the two used in the Combi boot lid door as floodlights when the boot is open? It looks like there's a good chance of it fitting. I'd like a lot more light than the current bulbs supply. Canbus compatibility isn't a worry for these bulbs as I unplugged the bulb and got no error from the car, so it's not monitored, but I want something significantly brighter if at all possible.

Yes.  They are W5W bulbs.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

hi all simple Q.

driver  and passenger side puddle lights are same? must be w5w bulbs?

because on passenger side i have just turn leds and on dash show bad bulb fault. And on driver side have that w5w buln, so please help me do i need buy for passenger side cover with w5w bulb?

• 7 months later...

I have fitted the complete led modules from superskoda.

approx. £15 each but worth every penny in terms of brightness and no canbus issues since fitment  6 months back.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Superb-II-MEGA-POWER-LED-mirror-downlight-KI-R

tried two led w5w bulbs but was disappointed with the results.

These do require the mirror to be dismantled more than changing the bulb and I do have pics (and a video I think) which I can send if requested.

superskoda have occasional 20% off weekends so worth registering and waiting.