Registered 01/03/2013

Extras:-

White VRS alloys

BMC Air filter element

Forge BOV

Maxi Dot

Armrest

IRC/WRC Sponsor Graphics

post-100934-0-19588200-1391360460_thumb.jpgpost-100934-0-11929100-1391360494_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely stuff. 

Always worth getting those rear drums painted before the winter salt has the surface corrosion showing, 

probably by the end of March.

It is unreal that Skoda still turn them out coated only with a Primer/Temporary Undercoat which is not a rust inhibitor,  

and not actually give them a Top Coat.

Never a Good Look!

• Like 1

Lovely stuff. 

Always worth getting those rear drums painted before the winter salt has the surface corrosion showing, 

It is unreal that Skoda still turn them out coated only with a Primer/Temporary Undercoat which is not a rust inhibitor,  

Never a Good Look!

My next to-do. :-)

• Like 1

My next to-do. :-)

Hi sk4gw

That's a great tip and one which I will follow through. As a problematic D.I.Y. person, I feel I can run with applying Hammerite Original Silver to the back drums. Many THANKS FOR THE HEADS-UP.

Michael.

• Like 1

Hi sk4gw

That's a great tip and one which I will follow through. As a problematic D.I.Y. person, I feel I can run with applying Hammerite Original Silver to the back drums. Many THANKS FOR THE HEADS-UP.

Michael.

Why silver? Black looks so much better and discreet IMO

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 Plate, Monte Carlo Tech, 105 TSI.

Now running on Pirelli P ZERO NERO's

My 2014 reg Monte 105 TSI has (as factory fitted) Continental SportContact 2's. I paid an additional £70 for a spare wheel as opposed to the 'blow up your own deflated tyre'. :-)

Hi every one

At long last I picked up my Monte yesterday. It's been a long wait - over a month due to the DVLA transferring my personal plate!,

Very pleased with her.

She is a 2012 plate red Monte TSI 105 with standard rear parking sensors and red upholstery. She has also got a "Bury Bluetooth". I have also got the dealer to add Cruise Control.

She has replaced a Pug 206XSi, (with the same insurance) which I had modified!, and I intend to carry on with the Monte, with the help of this great Forum and you guys help.

One thing I have noticed, the wing "Monte Carlo" badges, one is 2011 and the other is 2012!! The door step plates both say 2012!!

Is this a miss build? Anyone else come across this? Don't know weather to sort it out or leave it

Look forward to your comments and I am pleased to be able to join the "Monte Carlo" club

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Little off topic but I've just signed up today. Was wondering what subtle mods can be done to the Monte Carlo to improve power and looks,any guides on here how to do various things? I'm going to be putting a aftermarket head unit in it so will I need any leads etc in order for it to work apart from the usual plug connection to the original wiring?

Hi N777ck. Have a search on the forum for the different things people have done, there are lots of really good threads.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/290444-Sparkly's-"Mean-Green"-Mk2-vRS

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/304958-Show-us-ur-Monte

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/303607-Mods-and-stuff

Try these for a start, welcome to the forum.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

March 2012

White with grey/black interior

No options

Led interior lights, led side lights, diamond vision extreme headlights (not great so switching to orsam night breakers), footwell lights, carbon fibre wrapped; air vents, dial surrounds, stereo surround, filler cap, and tow cover. Pioneer avh-3400dvd stereo fitted with vibe slick slr 12" active subwoofer, team heko wind deflectors. And small things such as green valve caps, recaro seat belt covers.

Edited by JamesBroughton4

• 1 month later...

Lovely stuff. 

Never a Good Look!

Finally got around to painting the rear drums, my husband had a real job removing the wheels from the car, the tyres had only been changed in Dec 13 :wall:  :@  :punch: !!  

post-111435-0-72269400-1398089265_thumb.jpg

Reg Date: Jun 13 (13)

Colour: White with black roof and interior.

Options: Rear parking sensors (by original owner), rubber mats throughout and Autoglym paint and interior protection with lifetime guarantee (for that showroom-fresh feel after every wash!)

Mods: None yet as i'm too scared to change anything in case it voids my warranty! However, would like to upgrade all bulbs (especially as the current headlights are like candles in jam jars (anyone else feel this?)), would like mudflaps (have seen the thread by Plumber and an engine boost but that's all I think!