How to take rear skoda badge off?

Done my Fabia 2 a couple of weeks ago which may be different. Opened tailgate and tied with string ( it gets more technical, wait for it..) so badge was horizontal.

Boiled kettle and poured over badge and allowed some to puddle around it, leave for 2 or 3 minutes to warm and soften adhesive strip around edge of badge and prised gently so as not to mark paintwork. Broke small locating pins as it came off but otherwise successful. Cleaned surface with methylated (?) spirits, wait for it to evaporate a couple more minuted then peel and stick new badge with locting pins to guide you on.

Hope this helps.

One of these should do it.

GE_XM214_Minigun-2.jpg

If getting hold of military hardware is something that you find difficult then try getting under the edge

of the old badge with an old credit card/store card so that there's something between the badge and

the paint before you start prying away with a screwdriver. That's how I did mine and I never made a

mark on the paint. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Get some tough fishing line - around 50lb rating. Use in a sawing motion and it cuts through. Be aware of the 2 locating pins though as fishing line won't saw through that. My badge came off fine and I was able to keep it :D

e44ac7b6.jpg

My chosen tools for badge removal, handy as there is a badge recall on Yeti and Superbs at the moment for corroding.

Snap on are good for a few things. But most of the time I refer to them as rip-off. My friend at work bought a stanley for £30. Then a new guy started and had the exact same knife and payed £10 for it. And I kid you not the only difference was the branding on the two.

snap on tools!

guaranteed not to rust, bust, pick up dust, bend buckle or twist!

:giggle: they really aren't that good. I won't but anything off the local snap-off rep any more after the £150 ratchet incident, brand spanking new ratchet i bought slipped the very first time I used it and he wok dent replace it so I nearly killed the bloke with it. snap on tools are not as good as people say they are, and there bluepoint stuff is made by laser..

they really aren't that good. I won't but anything off the local snap-off rep any more after the £150 ratchet incident, brand spanking new ratchet i bought slipped the very first time I used it and he wok dent replace it so I nearly killed the bloke with it. snap on tools are not as good as people say they are, and there bluepoint stuff is made by laser..

Same as my rep at work. I paid off of my debt with him and basically told him to jog. He didn't turn up at my work for 3 weeks. Then came back and told us he had been broken into and lost £79,000 worth of tools. So what that is like £10,000 really then? ;D overpriced garbage.

Dropped my car off with my friend who runs his own mobile body repair. Smoothing out the back for me. Took the badge off last night with some GumSolv. Strong stuff! Peeled right off! If you are in and around Kent, I can pass on the details of my friend. He is the dogs.

:giggle: they really aren't that good. I won't but anything off the local snap-off rep any more after the £150 ratchet incident, brand spanking new ratchet i bought slipped the very first time I used it and he wok dent replace it so I nearly killed the bloke with it. snap on tools are not as good as people say they are, and there bluepoint stuff is made by laser..

Depends on the rep. I gave mine my 20 year old 3/8 drive ratchet that started to slip, he replaced the internal free of charge. I am quite a good customer though.

be885267.jpg

e21fff7f.jpg

Nice little selection you got there Ross, you've probably got about the same amount as me :wonder: I must admit I do prefer facom spanners though as the profile of them is a bit easier on the hands.

edit: ^ could do with a tidy in there.... :giggle: I'm glad I'm not the only one who is really anal about my tools, I think I've got OCD with tools.