• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oldstan

oldstan

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Car:Yeti SE 1.2 DSG. Muscovado, Spare wheel, Light Assistant, Flaps, Mats & Liner

Posted 14 April 2012 - 19:15

Just got back with the Yeti and was trying to locate the source of a noise from behind the dash (sounded like a butterfly in a cardboard Box) at 850 rpm only. In checking, I revved the engine in neutral and found that I could only rev as far as 4000 rpm - and just before it reached that engine speed there was a slight hesitation....and TBH it did sound a tiny bit rough as it revved.

I've called the RAC - they offered to come out and are due later - but have to go on a 500 mile trip tomorrow and will use the Hyundai... :-( ..... if I have to. Don't want to risk a breakdown, obviously - but would ask if anyone has any ideas.

It's a 1.2 DSG.

I'll look for replies tonight but won't be about for a couple of days after tomorrow - so apologies if I don't respond afyter tonight.

Thankjs.

#2 EZ_lo

EZ_lo

Polish Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 19:35

Sounds like "emergency programme/mode". Any lights on?
Could be for instance: EPC fault (page 32), gearbox fault (page 123)

#3 mannyo

mannyo

Now where's that petrol station

• Super Moderators
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 19:50

All DSG's only rev to 4000 rpm stationary, its normal and nothing to worry about. The hesitation is the ECU limiting the fuel flow to the engine to stop you reving over 4000 rpm.

Another thread elsewhere on the same topic.

http://myfastgti.com...-past-4000-rpms

#4 oldstan

oldstan

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Car:Yeti SE 1.2 DSG. Muscovado, Spare wheel, Light Assistant, Flaps, Mats & Liner

Posted 14 April 2012 - 19:56

All DSG's only rev to 4000 rpm stationary, its normal and nothing to worry about. The hesitation is the ECU limiting the fuel flow to the engine to stop you reving over 4000 rpm.

Another thread elsewhere on the same topic.

http://myfastgti.com...-past-4000-rpms

Thanks muchly for such a quick reply...din't know that. RAC not here yet but will advise of what you say. Super service. V. much obliged.

#5 EZ_lo

EZ_lo

Polish Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 20:04

NP mate! Twas just a guess.
Hope you will get things sorted quickly!

#6 bilun777

bilun777

Ian

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Car:Yeti 1.8tsi L&K 4x4 in Brilliant silver

Posted 14 April 2012 - 20:07

Yes, the Diesels only rev to 2500rpm if you stand on the throttle in neutral.

#7 oldstan

oldstan

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 20:13

Another lesson learned....and I also just found out that if you haven't got your driving licence (BOTH parts) on you and you break down at the weekend and need a hire car from RAC, you're stuffed, coz they can't contact DVLA to confirm you hold a licence. The girl on the breakdown desk told me. I don't usually carry both parts and so - like I say - yet another lesson there.

Many thanks for advice.