door problem

Hi i have a skoda octavia vrs 2002, and my driver door wont open and my driver window wont open either.

Other door works fine if i open with the remote.

have this happed to anyone of you ?

anyone have a idea what i can do to open it ?

"Won't open" is rather unclear. Doors are unlocked with the fob, and opened with the internal/external handles. Do you mean:

- won't unlock on the remote fob

- won't unlock when the key is turned in the lock

- won't open when the external handle is pulled

- won't open when the internal handle is puled

Do other door electrics work? alarm LED, electric mirrors (move/heat), puddle light, etc?

Some people have had luck by banging the lock area with their first while trying the unlock button on the fob (on rear doors, certainly), or by pulling the internal handle why pressing the unlock button on the fob. If the worst comes to the worst you can break off the internal trim after removing some of the larger screws behind the grab handle.

"Won't open" is rather unclear. Doors are unlocked with the fob, and opened with the internal/external handles. Do you mean:

- won't unlock on the remote fob

- won't unlock when the key is turned in the lock

- won't open when the external handle is pulled

- won't open when the internal handle is puled

Do other door electrics work? alarm LED, electric mirrors (move/heat), puddle light, etc?

Some people have had luck by banging the lock area with their first while trying the unlock button on the fob (on rear doors, certainly), or by pulling the internal handle why pressing the unlock button on the fob. If the worst comes to the worst you can break off the internal trim after removing some of the larger screws behind the grab handle.

all this, its hard to explain, im from iceland and im not the best in english hehe :)

if the door won't even unlock when the key is turned in the lock then you might have more of a serious problem. Try pressing the unlock button while either giving the lock handle a pull or a gentle thump with your fist.

Do you have 2 power windows or 4 power windows?

You don't seem to have any power to the door. If you remove the lower 'A' pillar trim on both the left and right sides, you will probably find connectors. Check they are OK.

Another common problem is that the power wire to the door can break where is passes from the 'A' pillar to the door. Trying gently pushing/pulling the wires from the 'A' pillar side.

First, check for corrosion on the connector that plugs into window motor control unit.

Check you have power on both the Red/Yellow and Red/Brown wires.

Once you have confirmed this then...

Use the key in the lock - does it lock/unlock the other doors?

Press the lock/unlock switch on the driver's armrest - does it lock/unlock the other doors?

Try operating a different window from the driver's armrest - does it work?

If none of the above work, check the yellow wire & black wire.

that thing to un/lock and open all windows in the armrest workst both ways i can now open the driver door with that but i cant unlock the driver door

If you can unlock the door from the armrest switch but not with key in lock, then I would suspect a microswitch in the lock.

i can unlock all doors with the armrest switch but not the driver door

OK

If you still can't unlock the door, try applying a voltage direct to the lock motor. The wires to the lock motor are...

Grey/Black - pin 11 on the big connector

Yellow/Black - pin 1 on the big connector

Just apply the voltage for a second - if it doesn't unlock, reverse the voltage

• Like 1

OK

If you still can't unlock the door, try applying a voltage direct to the lock motor. The wires to the lock motor are...

Grey/Black - pin 11 on the big connector

Yellow/Black - pin 1 on the big connector

Just apply the voltage for a second - if it doesn't unlock, reverse the voltage

do you know if i can find a video of this anywhere ?