Injector seals 035 906 149A, cheap source

New here, so I don't know if this is the best place to put this, but I just made a discovery that could save members some cash.

Part number 035 906 149A is apparently something over £3 each genuine. It's an o-ring 7.52mm x 3.53, and made of Viton, to the best of my knowledge, which is pretty good at thermal and chemical resistance (as reqd for an injector seal!).

I have no connection with this company, but simplybearings.co.uk will sell you a pack of 10 of these for £7.62 delivered. Here's a link for you: http://simplybearing...oduct_info.html

On my 3-cyl. AZQ engine there's two of these o-rings per injector, so a pack of 10 gives 4 spares. Prices for packs of 5 and 2 work out more in total unless you only have 1 or 2 seals that you want to change.

Nice thing to have in the 'spares box' TBH, even if you don't have an immediate plan to get involved with your injectors.

Hope this helps someone. If anyone knows of any reason why these ones aren't suitable replacements for genuine, please add to this thread.

Edit: Since posting this I've bought and used these on my Golf, with no problems.