What is the safest maximum power a K03s can handle

It's not a case of how much it can handle, it is how much it will produce.......regardless of all the claims you will see from people across many a forum discussion, you wont get more than about 230bhp and a good 260lbs/ft torque and thats with FMIC, Turbo back exhaust, filter and induction pipe.

• Like 1

The question should be what is the maximum pressure and air flow the K03S can sustain. At a certain point the diameter of the compressor inlets and outlets limit the amount of gasses that can flow through.

Bottom line power is as much about the fuelling and timing as it is the boost.

I wouldn't push a K03S past early 20's psi (about 1.5bar) if you don't want to shorten its lifetime.

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

On a stage 1 custom map producing 210bhp atf and 191bhp atw my boost guage is showing a peak boost of 20/21 psi and a constant boost of 15/16 psi

a k03s can physically flow enough to produce 250+ bhp

but the problem is once bolted to an engine that cant flow that amount you have the limiting factor

boost is turned up but egt's get to high and this again is the issue

r-tech have had a k03s above 250bhp on an engine that could flow it !!!

if your looking for safe figures then its best to find that with the mapper as they will check the egt temps fuel protection and ignition advances and they can make that judgement all cars will be slightly different

k03s peaks at about 10psi standard which is 0.8bar, it holds a bit less than that.

If it's remapped (stage 1) it usually peaks at about 18 or 19psi (1.3bar) and holds at about 14 or 15psi (just over 1 bar)

Are you sure your gauge is in psi and not bar? Does it read vacuum (negative figures) as well as boost (positive)? at idle it should be showing a vacuum.

hmm so a miltek sports cat, miltek system, itg panel filter, nuespeed intake turbo pipe, forge intercooler, forge dv 008, full silicone boost hose kit and a new actuator is this a stage two set up on ko3s? what would you get from this my mate reckons he's 246bhp?

to be fair it depends on the dyno the weather conditions etc etc

so yes he could have done 246bhp on a good day and would be the first or the last imo

but one of the mods on his wich will massivly help is a new actuator, as alot of time this is the route cause of less power

Mine dyno'd at 225 wheel hp last week. Which is about 245 flywheel :-)

What no pics of something to accompany your post? lol. You've been quiet recently Rob running out of ideas for things?

Mines @ 245 too. It did run 256 @ 23psi but i wanted to run the safer 20/21psi.

Its how much boost it can handle, not the power it can produce. Its all about the hardware and mapping of your setup. For example, an identical car with same psi boost as mine but with a cat would put out alot less bhp/ftlb's

Guest BigJase88

Mines @ 245 too. It did run 256 @ 23psi but i wanted to run the safer 20/21psi.

Its how much boost it can handle, not the power it can produce. Its all about the hardware and mapping of your setup. For example, an identical car with same psi boost as mine but with a cat would put out alot less bhp/ftlb's

Like mine i only got 210bhp as my cat is stock! But i dont have 1000 for a milltek cat and zorst and a decat is a no no :)

To be totally honest (and I love my VRS, I'm skiving from work today just to pamper it!), I'm running very similar power to Jase (210bhp) and I think it's enough for the car with standard handling set up. I wouldn't invest in any more horses for my VRS, without first investing in some serious handling upgrades. I have just sold a Ford Puma which had the most divine handling I've come across in 50+ cars ... but not enough power :)

I love my VRS as it is now; with the stock map, and the 180 horded it felt a little 'under potential' but mapped, it's a phenomenal all round car. :thumbup: