Fabia wheel sizes

Hi guys,

I've bee searching through the Fabia section looking at other people rides, i'm trying to get an indication of what size aftermarket wheels people have fitted. In Australia the rs version comes with 17'' wheels, but there's still a little more to fill out the guards without reducing the ride height.

I can't seem to find any cases though where any larger wheels have been fitted. I'd like to fit a set of 19'' wheels from the Vertini luxury range to the tsi model.

Has anyone fitted 19'' wheels to the Fabia II ?

hi, i have 18'' on my fabia II.

this is with about 40-45 mm drop front and 30mm drop front on coilovers.

I would not go for bigger wheels than 18'', bigger than that will make the car look plain stupid.

20120507_140651.jpg

Back

20120507_140629.jpg

Front

other pics

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

Edited by joten
  • Like 2

Confide has 18" wheels on his vrs as well i personally think there a little too big to be practical but they do look good.

I do agree 19 would be way too big to be useful unless they were really thin.

Cant see it helping the handling either.

It would be something different though and be interesting to see how it sits on 19s

If you fitted 19" wheels what profile tyres could you fit that would not be greatly increasing the rolling radius?

205/30/19 would be about it.

215/35/19 are readily available, but look at how the size compares, even if only 6.3%

http://www.kouki.co....size-calculator

george

Edited by sk4gw

Joten, your Fabia looks fantastic on the 18's. In fact 18's were my first preference, but after a while i started leaning towards 19'' after seeing the release of the RS model in Australia fitted with 17's, prior to that i had only come across pictures of Fabia's fitted with 15 and 16'' wheels. Because i couldn't find any pictures i didn't want to fit 18's and then think that they were just a fraction too small and then have to live with it.

But after seeing yours and finally seeing a Fabia with 18's, i will probably go back to the original plan of the 18's, as your seem to fill the guards out very well with the height drop.

With regards to the handling, look our roads where i live are quite rough and pretty congested, and the highest speed limit we have here is 80km/h, about 50 mp/h. I'm really more interested in a car that looks nice and gets around with good mileage rather than carving up the bends.

George, I was actually thinking i would have to get the speedo re-calibrated anyway.

What's interesting though on the calculator is if you go up to an 18'' wheel, and bring the profile down to 25 from 30, but then increase the width to 245, that the total diamater only changes by 1.72 cm, so an overall ride height increase of just 0.82cm, which i reckon you wouldn't even pick.

I know that a 25 profile tire is very thin, but what do you think of the trade off by fitting wider rubber?

I have a set of 215/40/17 which i have taken off & will just be used for the 1/4 mile strip.

(the Fabia Computer can be set for tyres sizes, no need to do any other recalibration, doesnt help the DSG box though)

I am actually using the standard 205/40/17 that came with the car, actually i like the Dunlop tyres.

The roads i drive are not great & my Winter tyres in 205/45/16 where a far more comfortable drive & less of a hit if i did not manage to avoid a

pothole or on bad surfaces.

I appreciate the low profile tread for dry conditions & spirited driving, but when it rains i am happy enough to be on the narrower tyre,

I would not be going very low profile if the roads i am on where any worse than they are for potholes,

& i would not be going low profile for looks, i have the vRS to drive & enjoy driving, not look at.

george

PS Profile is the tyre wall percentage of the tyre width.

ie 40% of 205, or 35% of 225

30% of 245 is a taller sidewall than 40% of 205

Edited by sk4gw

Can't seem to find any pictures of Confide's Fabia with the 18's, the only thread i could find what the "Fantastically Fast" and it just had the standard black 17's....

Also i think the 18's Joten look bigger because the wheel goes all the way to the edge and doesnt have a lip. The Vertini wheels i'm looking at all have a polished lip so i might look into some other wheels. What wheels are yours in the picture?

Fair call about driving and enjoying the VRS, i'm assuming the VRS is the same as the RS in Australia. I'm only reffering though to getting the base model tsi, which seems to have a fairly soft setup even compared to the MC. (i currently have a Focus Zetec 06)

I'm not buying it for it's sporting qualities, Skoda Aus is doing the tsi for 18500 drive away, you can't even get yourself into a Hyundai Accent for that money, let alone having a motor anywhere as good as the tsi, or any quality in the interior, the Fabia trumps all it's competitors, and i've looked at all of them too.

The only thing that came close but still really couldn't compete, was the Fiesta, but with drum rears and some iffy styling losses from Australian range put's it out of the race.

I just want to make the most of it visually with some larger wheels, tint, probably the black grill conversion, and replacing the factory radio. Btw does anyone know of any steering wheel control interfaces compatible with the Fabia II and aftermarket units?

This picture has the standard wheels 7x17 & the 205/40/17 tyres, Standard height suspension but coil overs.

Thin enough sidewalls for me.

george .

Sorry tried to upload the 215/40/17 & the 16" which are Oz wheels but i appear to be at my limit or something.

Edited by sk4gw

specs on the wheels ive got.

Lamborgini Replica's

height: 18''

width: 8.0 ''

ET: 35

Stud pattern: 5x100

Tires are Hankook Ventus K110, 215/35/18

I have loads of pics from other fabias with 18''.

here you go.

Monte.jpg

Monte1.jpg

98001371.jpg

img0461zs.jpg

IMAG0036wd.jpg

folie1v.jpg

DSCN13851.jpg

DSCN1383.jpg

6601375139_da0ba62bff_b.jpg

6601357333_f401b27765_b.jpg

6223834868_450acb4c28_b.jpg

6223279279_5d8c72c4e4_b.jpg

4044159136_f5e2c21fbe_o.jpg

4044157844_d20c32ce3d_o.jpg

3525419490_1379401faf_b.jpg

3524613979_1e5e887475_b.jpg

3524613729_5bc9a23ea6_b.jpg

Edited by joten
  • Like 1

Whaaaat 20's !! Do you have any other pictures of them? Is that the Fabia estate or an Octavia? We don't get the Fabia estate over here, but i assume the wheel arches would be the same. I might check out the site in text on the photos.

"apmaman" no doubt for outright handling, and i will admitt i'm a sucker for fat tires and some front end rake, but i just want to go in a different direction with this one. This really will just be a slow and gentle cruising car from A to B.

Edited by faaabia

i would still not recommend going for something bigger than 18'', but its your car and your choice.

Im affraid that your going to regret it if you go for something bigger than 18''

Edited by joten

Don't worry guy's i'm about 95% certain that i'll be fitting 18's. I'll probably also go with the H&R 40mm spring kit (don't want coil overs, would like them, but not willing to fork out the extra money)

I've found the H&R kit available locally for $390, which i think it pretty decent, i've looked online and with international shipping i'm not saving anything.

I've spoken to the local wheel and tyre shop and they said they can do some test fits so i can see both 18's and 19's, but i think with the 19's and the 40mm drop i'd run into issues (or the missus would when she drives it)

Local Skoda dealer just ordered in 3 Fabia's, unfortunately he went for silver and black out of 2 of them, the other one is Lava Blue, which i'm keen to go and see when it arrives. I'll be sure to post back with updates once everything happens !

• Like 1