New Badges fitted with pictures

Colour coded my grille surround and ordered up some new badges to finish the job off

imagejpg1_zps995ef190.jpg

imagejpg3_zps88844fc2.jpg

imagejpg7_zpsbfc8b854.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsbfb933a8.jpg

Should get around to fitting next few days when it stops raining!

• Like 2

I found that on the Octavia, the front badge (1ST853601AAUL) fits better on the back than the "630" does.

The "630" badge is flat, the "601" has a curve to it. The tailgates on the Octavias have a curve too.

My Scout now has 2 x 1ST853601AAUL. :) :)

Both cars are pre-FL ('07 and '57)

This is a "630" on the back of the hatchback.....

2014-05-05163929_zps0cbe593d.jpg

.....and this is a "601" on the back of the estate (Scout).....

2014-05-05163952-1_zps4e6e437f.jpg

It should also be noted that the front fits on perfectly as it sits on a dome, but the back needs a bit of packing out as the new badges are a little bigger than the old ones, so they don't sit in the indent. I used 3 strips of 3M 1mm VHB tape and the above is the result.

It should also be noted that fitting both the front and back requires the plastic tabs to be broken off the new badges.

Edit: Correction, I have a 630 on the back of the hatch, it's the 630 that's flat, not the 621.

Can anyone confirm the following part numbers will fit a 2007 Octavia VRS Hatch:

1ST853601AAUL

5JO853621A

These are the ones I used on my 2006 hatch.

1ST 853 601 AAUL

5J0 853 621 AAUL

I too became confused about which of the front badges to buy and eventually settled on the following;

1ST853601AAUL

5JO853621AAUL

The rear was an easy fit, the old one being removed with the help of some fishing line and the new one being easily located with the pins at the back. The front, on the other hand, was much more difficult to remove and without the help of the locating pins, much more difficult to position accurately.

The job is done now and the new badges look much better than the old on my 2010 Octavia vRS Estate. I would be interested to find out if there is a proper front badge that is easier to fit as despite all of the comments written in this thread, there still seem to be some confusion over the correct front badge.

I bought a set of these, but I am not entirely sure that they are genuine Skoda parts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-new-genuine-Skoda-Alloy-Wheel-centre-caps-Fabia-Octavia-Superb-Rapid-Yeti-/121302532178?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda&hash=item1c3e31c052

Although they have a Skoda logo on the back, the moulding is not well defined and they were wrapped together in a single package without any labelling of any kind. They do fit, however and look okay, but I somehow wish I had spent the extra £5.00 on the real things from a Skoda dealer

Not to step on any toes but there is a correct front badge you can buy and fit the has the alignment points in the right place.

5J0 853 621 A (without the AUL after it) will fit the front of the Octavia 2.

Check eBay AND dealer for best prices.

I too became confused about which of the front badges to buy and eventually settled on the following;

1ST853601AAUL

5JO853621AAUL

The rear was an easy fit, the old one being removed with the help of some fishing line and the new one being easily located with the pins at the back. The front, on the other hand, was much more difficult to remove and without the help of the locating pins, much more difficult to position accurately.

The job is done now and the new badges look much better than the old on my 2010 Octavia vRS Estate. I would be interested to find out if there is a proper front badge that is easier to fit as despite all of the comments written in this thread, there still seem to be some confusion over the correct front badge.

I bought a set of these, but I am not entirely sure that they are genuine Skoda parts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-new-genuine-Skoda-Alloy-Wheel-centre-caps-Fabia-Octavia-Superb-Rapid-Yeti-/121302532178?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda&hash=item1c3e31c052

Although they have a Skoda logo on the back, the moulding is not well defined and they were wrapped together in a single package without any labelling of any kind. They do fit, however and look okay, but I somehow wish I had spent the extra £5.00 on the real things from a Skoda dealer

Not to step on any toes but there is a correct front badge you can buy and fit the has the alignment points in the right place.

5J0 853 621 A (without the AUL after it) will fit the front of the Octavia 2.

Check eBay AND dealer for best prices.

I take it then just the A suffix of the 621 part is the rear and uses the two lugs?

To crystallise this once and for all, here are the CORRECT part numbers to fit the from and rear of the mk2 Octavia (pre-FL and FL)

5J0 853 621 A - front of the Octavia 2

5J0 853 621 AAUL -will fit the rear of the Octavia 2.

All locating lugs are in the correct position, and both badges curve the correct amount to fit the grille and bootlid. Simples.

• Like 2

To crystallise this once and for all, here are the CORRECT part numbers to fit the from and rear of the mk2 Octavia (pre-FL and FL)

5J0 853 621 A - front of the Octavia 2

5J0 853 621 AAUL -will fit the rear of the Octavia 2.

All locating lugs are in the correct position, and both badges curve the correct amount to fit the grille and bootlid. Simples.

Thank you. I'll order some now.  :kiss:

:rofl:

Edited by amk2vr6

I'm not too keen on the 'Fashion Faux Pas - Fat Bloke' sticker that you've put in it's place though Alan! :giggle:

BlueAlan.jpg

I see FUBAR was of a similar opinion!

I thought he was wearing a bra!!

Warning!

I ordered the 5J0853621A (without the AUL) for the front grill for pre fl Octavia 2 as it was recommended. I didn't want to snap the pins. The badge is actually 10 mm smaller than the original one.

• 2 weeks later...

Warning!

I ordered the 5J0853621A (without the AUL) for the front grill for pre fl Octavia 2 as it was recommended. I didn't want to snap the pins. The badge is actually 10 mm smaller than the original one.

Yeah I noticed this while searching online. Its 8mm actually. 80mm as opposed to 88mm

However, I tried to order the A suffix, and the chap at TPS said they dont do them - they only do the AAUL part.

Still haven't bought any :)

Edited by amk2vr6

Yeah I noticed this while searching online. Its 8mm actually. 80mm as opposed to 88mmHowever, I tried to order the A suffix, and the chap at TPS said they dont do them - they only do the AAUL part.Still haven't bought any :)

Go for the 1st853601aaul, got it from ebay for 12.49

Carefully cut the pins to flush and just in case I put some double sided sticky pads into the centre of the badge.

Seller is silburyskoda2010

Hope it helps

Go for the 1st853601aaul, got it from ebay for 12.49

Carefully cut the pins to flush and just in case I put some double sided sticky pads into the centre of the badge.

Seller is silburyskoda2010

Hope it helps

And just to confirm (again) this will fit front and rear of VRS hatch?

• Like 1

Just bought these tonight. Hope they help in relation to pricing, etc.

6AD44C11-97C7-4A38-A6F6-5FD9393F2E26_zps

I have these fitted to my 2010 FL Octy. The rear is a perfect fit. The front you will have to remove the locating pins. And the wheel caps are spot on too.

I have these fitted to my 2010 FL Octy. The rear is a perfect fit. The front you will have to remove the locating pins. And the wheel caps are spot on too.

Is your Octy the Estate?

So the wheel badges are part number 5JA 601 151

Front Grille - 5J0853621A (Curved and 80mm)

Front Grille -  1ST853601AAUL (Curved and 89mm)

For the Octavia Mk 2 Estate