Haldex unit

Yety

Filter show as no 13 part no filter element with gasket 02E398051 ,  but check this number as it may depend on you gearbox number there are lots for the 6 speed dsg.  no 6 is the pump but can't see any filters near it, 16a could be a filter but is listed as a oil pipe. oil pipe 02E321363B ? 87,00MM black 

• 405321600.png

Thanks for the diagram, but it doesn't look familiar !!

My Haldex unit is cast into the rear diff assy as one casting, with no bolt on construction.

• Like 1

Does anyone know which oil the Haldex unit uses?

Its Haldex specific fluid - 275ml is around £19 iirc.

A complete service on the Haldex unit at my local dealers was £59. :) The diagram above shows the DSG gearbox not a haldex unit though... AFAIK the generation 2 Haldex system I had previously had to have the fluid and filters changed. Again, as far I was told at the time, the generation 4 units on the pre FL Yeti are fluid change only with a non serviceable, in place for life filter.

• Like 2

Thanks for the diagram, but it doesn't look familiar !!

My Haldex unit is cast into the rear diff assy as one casting, with no bolt on construction.

mine too, probably the diagram refers to dsg !

There's no filter to change on IV gen haldex, only oil, 750 ml can costs about 37,00 euro in Ita..

cheers

The oil drained out ok, looked clean except for some black blobs which vanished when squished?? 

I found the same when I changed mine earlier this year.

I panicked when I first saw them drain out, as I thought they were chunks of clutch plate or something equally nasty...but when I started pushing them about they just, well...squished like you say.

Filter show as no 13 part no filter element with gasket 02E398051 ,  but check this number as it may depend on you gearbox number there are lots for the 6 speed dsg.  no 6 is the pump but can't see any filters near it, 16a could be a filter but is listed as a oil pipe. oil pipe 02E321363B ? 87,00MM black 

• 405321600.png

Erm that's a DSG gearbox, not a Haldex unit...

Ok it was late and had been a long hard day :yawn: , here is the right part.  It is not showing any filters in the diagram or the parts list.

• 412525100.png

@ Yeti:   probably it doesn't refer to haldex 4° gener.

look at table below:

http://www.haldexparts.com/02D525558A_HALDEX_Oil_filter_AUDI,_WV,_SEAT,_SKODA/p2624653_11993125.aspx

Allpications

Volkswagen:
Golf 1998 - 2004 4motion
Golf R32 up to 2004
Bora 1998 to 2005
Sharan 2001 to 2010
Beetle RSi
Audi:
TT 1998 to 2006
A3 Quattro 1998 to 2003
S3 1998 to 2003
Skoda:
Octavia 1997 onwards
SEAT:
Alhambra 2001 to 2010
Leon 2000 to 2006
Toledo 1999 to 2004

MADE IN GERMANY

the garage boy and I didn't see a Filter to unleash underneath  :notme:

That looks like the filter on my Haldex. I'll try and get underneath tonight and get a pic, although dark, cold etc.

I tried my local dealer and looked at his parts screen, no filter or close up pics at all !!

Yeah I remember seeing that too when I did my oil change.

From memory it's on the RHS, possibly maybe halfway up or higher.

It's probably not on Skoda's parts list as they don't schedule it for replacement, they treat it as an integral part of the Haldex unit, just like they don't list any of the internal parts.

But there is one there though!

Yeah I remember seeing that too when I did my oil change.

From memory it's on the RHS, possibly maybe halfway up or higher.

It's probably not on Skoda's parts list as they don't schedule it for replacement, they treat it as an integral part of the Haldex unit, just like they don't list any of the internal parts.

But there is one there though!

Yup, I'm going in :ph34r: .

In a bit I'll be out in the road trying to get a picture - just to satisfy my curiosity and to probably get the £25.00 version before I'm brave enough to take the filter cover off. There are now at least 5 versions of Haldex ?, and the interwebby is a rich source of confusion :sweat:

Why bother changing that filter? The one in the VWVortex link looked clean enough after 60,000 miles and the poster managed to get things wrong with the procedure by fitting a crush washer where he shouldn't have!

Why bother changing that filter? The one in the VWVortex link looked clean enough after 60,000 miles and the poster managed to get things wrong with the procedure by fitting a crush washer where he shouldn't have!

Exactly my thoughts - its potentially more trouble than its worth. Its been developed and tested to not need replacing (and in doing so being pushed far harder than most users will push their units on their own Yeti) Id leave it as is. And that's from an OCD servicer. ;)

• Like 1

Exactly my thoughts - its potentially more trouble than its worth. Its been developed and tested to not need replacing (and in doing so being pushed far harder than most users will push their units on their own Yeti) Id leave it as is. And that's from an OCD servicer.

+1

Plus I don't think I would order anything from that dodgy looking webpage anyway, with no business address, phone numbers etc.

• Like 1

Exactly my thoughts - its potentially more trouble than its worth. Its been developed and tested to not need replacing (and in doing so being pushed far harder than most users will push their units on their own Yeti) Id leave it as is. And that's from an OCD servicer. ;)

I'm thinking that now as well.

Pic enclosed of my filter

IMG_1229_zps8921c3fa.jpg

I'm going to get a £24.99 filter in the near future, and when I've got a dry day, have an exploratory look see.

The fluid draining out looked fine after the first three years of it's life, so I might swop filters at the next change - depending on the fluid state.

Thanks for the views chaps - but yes, Gen 4 Haldex on Skoda Yeti does have a filter  :rock:

• Like 1

Sure this has been posted before. On page 12 it mentions that filter is a non maintenance item...

http://victorborisov.ru/professor/haldex/SSP_414.pdf

Correct, I've already got this document. In fact there are two filters, one seems to be a coarse filter (not maintainable) on the suction side, and the replaceable one on the exit to the hydraulic system.

I think it's academic now - I know enough now not to get exercised :giggle:

• Like 1