Fabia MK II Vrs Has Launch Control, Well ours has.............

......Not, Cos I've tried it:-

Engine warmed up, Left foot on foot brake, Select Sport, Release hand brake, right foot on Volume peddle, press slowly to floor, revs rise to about 1200 RPM, Hold on tight but keep eyes open, release brake and.........F**K all

Revs would be a lot more than 1.2k on a petrol if it had LC. Mine sits at just under 2.5k on a diesel.

Revs would be a lot more than 1.2k on a petrol if it had LC. Mine sits at just under 2.5k on a diesel.

Exactly, this is not LC. LC means the engine reaches a certain level of RPM between 2500 - 3500, but 1200 is almost idle reving. The 6 speed DSG has indeed LC and you're able to rev it up to 3000 iirc before you start off, but 7 speed is officially missing any kind of LC as has been stated in various DSG7 presentations and DSG7 equipped cars. In fact, in Sport mode the revs sit by default at 1100 anyway in order to give a better launch but that's just about it.

Edited by newbie69

Stationary rev limiter. All you are doing is holding the car on the brakes against the engine meaning the clutch is slipped to prevent stalling. Don't be surprised when you get a hefty bill for about 3.5k for a new clutch kit.

Stationary rev limiter. All you are doing is holding the car on the brakes against the engine meaning the clutch is slipped to prevent stalling. Don't be surprised when you get a hefty bill for about 3.5k for a new clutch kit.

Ok I'll not do it again. "No launch control then" Bugger, Thread title altered to suit

Guest Sib-rs

+1

The thing people need to remember aswell is because this car is supercharged it develops alot of torque at very low revs whereas a big n/a or Big turbo car Is unable to produce this sort of power until it reaches 3.5k + revs, which in turn is the reason they have LC so the engine can be reved higher on the line to generate the equivalent amount of torque as ours does at 1.2k revs

Hope people understand what i mean English was never my strong point.

The thing people need to remember aswell is because this car is supercharged it develops alot of torque at very low revs whereas a big n/a or Big turbo car Is unable to produce this sort of power until it reaches 3.5k + revs, which in turn is the reason they have LC so the engine can be reved higher on the line to generate the equivalent amount of torque as ours does at 1.2k revs

Hope people understand what i mean English was never my strong point.

I understand your point but I thought the supercharger did not come into play before around 1750 or anyway not as low as 1200 rpm....

supercharger is effective from the begining...

to be honest , I dont think it needs it,(launch control) I have found that it starts perfectly when in sport, by simply pressing the accelerator to the floor! don't know others experiances, but mine gets just the slightest "cheep" from the tyres, and its off... by definition thats the oerfect "granny start" not too much, or too little wheelspin, to give best traction.....

Supercharger comes in from just above idle; no need to get the exhaust gas speed up to start spinning a turbo (like the 2.0TFSI engine with a DSG6 box). IF you had launch control on a DSG7 with a twincharger engine it would just either a) spin the tyres to sod all or B) burn out the dry clutch pack....or both.

Have you seen the torque curve for the 1.4 twincharger engine? Torque is pretty constant from just above idle to about 5k, so no need to get 2 or 3k on the dial before slipping the clutch. Hence no need to have LC.

• 1 year later...

......Not, Cos I've tried it:-

Engine warmed up, Left foot on foot brake, Select Sport, Release hand brake, right foot on Volume peddle, press slowly to floor, revs rise to about 1200 RPM, Hold on tight but keep eyes open, release brake and.........F**K all

I have been experimenting with this lately, although just leaving it in D, left foot on the brake and right foot flat on the accelerator.  As soon I'm ready to go, just release the brake and the car shoots away from the lights.  Is this bad for the gearbox?  Surely since the car's not moving and the revs stay very low, it's not putting a strain on the gearbox/clutches?

I use the Hand brake and let it off, but then i only have one foot so can not have one on the brake and the accelerator.

You have Hill Hold Control. have you noticed it operating for a few seconds.

Do you do this with TC switched off so you do not risk any wheel spin causing a cut of power from the engine?

Foot on the Brake Pedal is not a problem as long as the other foot is not revving the engine.

The owners manual tells you about holding the car on the throttle on slopes,

and not to do it.

There is NO launch control on the 7 speed.

I have both, I know.

All to protect the dry clutches, I gather.

It will lift the "tickover" to 1200rpm or so in Manual mode as well if you need the slightly more raucous getaway.  Even in D, it's more than enough grunt to overcome the front tyres. 

• Like 1

If you need maximum speed acceleration. (Not on the road, and watch for Torque Steer depending on tyres fitted.)

Try, Stop.  Gearstick across to 'Manual' 1st.

No throttle. leave it without raising the rpm from what it is at,  & TC off.

Then floor it,

'Do not change gear manually'.,

it will go through, to, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and at around 100 mph and above 6,000 rpm

Knock the stick across to 'D', and let it change to ;5th' and 6th' and 7th'.

That the fastest timed ii have got any vRS to go.

Your CTHE car may not do it the same as a CAVE does, because of a different MAP.

george

• Like 1