Got my Ross-Tech VCDS cable :D

Zippyijk

thanks Zippyijk - maybe worth posting these to the "how do I" blog already setup by rockerhopper and pinned. Definetly a few if interest - will the auto lock/unlock work on the 2L experience model also? not sure I fully understand the emergency brake one?

Out of interest and given your location - does your elegance have the bi-xenons as seriously considering retrofiting

Great stuff! Will the dealer be able to do any of this stuff as part of pdi? All I want at this stage is the fogs for coming home lights.

Not even sure the dealers can enable any of the above,you will need to find someone locally with VCDS.

Is there not a thread with members names and locations on here somewhere?

Right I'll just put comments into my own quote below to let you know how its going.

I'm currently taking screen grabs of all the units/basic settings/adaptions/coding.........its gonna take a while :)

Skoda Yeti VCDS adjustments:

Staging: (Needle sweep)

17- Instruments (5L0 920 480 K)

Adaptation - 10

Staging - activate it

Worked first time :)

Cruise Control Display (on Maxidot): (trying to enable the cruise speed to be displayed in the Maxidot like it was on the Octy & scirocco)

17- Instruments

Adaptation - 10

Cruise control display - activate it

Activated this but its still not showing up in the Maxidot like it does on the scirocco or octavia, need to look for somewhere else its adjusted.

Coming home (via fogs): (Use the fog lights for the coming home lights instead of the headlights)

9 - Cent. Elec

Long Coding

byte 17

bit 3

Not sure as I haven't been driving late this week.

Lock/unlock beep: (Alarm chirp on lock/unlock)

9 - Cent. Elec

Long Coding

byte 5

bit 1 (on)

Bit 2 (off)

bit 3 (on)

OK can't get this working. I think it could be because I don't have an alarm.

I thought it might be because the horn is disabled when the ignition is off so I disabled that in 16-Steering Wheel/Long Coding/Byte2/Bit2(Horn only on with Terminal 15/Ignition ON). Didn't work unfortunately. Will try a few other things.

Emergency brakes: (Already enabled on my Yeti)

9 - Cent. Elec

Long Coding

byte 16

bit 2 emergency brake flashing via brake

bit 3 emergency brake flashing via turn signals

Enabled via turn signals, via brake already on.

Comfort turn signals to 5 blinks: (Change the times the indicators blink when you 'flick' the indicator stalk...useful when changing lanes)

9 - Cent Elec

Adaption

Comfort Turn Signals (cycles)

Set to 5 (was at 3)

Changed this but it just isn't working for some reason. Worked a treat on the Scirocco/Octy??

Auto Lock/Unlock: (Not sure if you can do this in Maxidot? Auto lock doors after 15km/h, Auto unlock doors when key removed)

9 - Cent Elec

Adaption

Auto Lock/Unlock (set both to on)

Working well :)

Bluetooth Beep: (Turn off the annoying beep when a phone connects to the car)

77 - Telephone

Adaption

Bluetooth acknowledgement signal - off

Yay working :)

Brake Assist: (Apparantly makes brakes a bit harder/softer. Set at Avg initially. The Yeti's brakes are awful soft imho)

3 - ABS Brakes

Brake Assist - 0/1/2 Assist Avg/Low/high

Changed this to 2 High. Will let ye know how it feels later

Hill hold control: (Not sure if I can enable this....will try)

3 - ABS Brakes

long coding

byte 16 - bit 0

Activated this in a few different places, ABS & somewhere else. It enabled it do I could change setting from norma/low rpm/high rpm but it doesn't work as the inclination sensor isn't there.

Reverse mirror tilt: (Again not sure if this will enable correctly...will try)

52 - Door Elect, Pass.

Long Coding

Byte 4

If the byte has value 40 (cars without electrically folding mirrors)

change it to 4C

Haven't tried this yet

Footwell lights (on when headlights on): (Have had this on most of my cars. Will try it out and let you know)

9 - Cent. Elec

Long Coding

byte 12 - bit 5 (footwell lights with terminal 58d active)

byte 20 - bit 0 (Footwell Lights Installed)

I don't have footwell lights installed ;)

TPMS: (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)

Know this is possible with the 1K0 907 379 BE

Will see if it works with my 1K0 907 379 BJ

If it works it needs to be reset by VCDS each time....if you get a puncture/slow puncture...as we don't have the button build in on mine.

Enabled this in a few places, will see how it goes and post up where I did it if it works

Well the ABS brake assist adjust to "high" (i.e. harder) has worked. Brakes are noticeably better now.

Well unless the placebo effect is working on high ;)

One other cool change I made is to have the heated seat turn on with the ignition and to remember its previous setting. It always annoyed me that when I got out of the car at the shops/petrol station etc. in the morning when its cold and got back in the heated seats wouldn't go back on to their previous setting. So here's how to do it.....

08-Auto HVAC

Adaptation

Retention of Driver's seat heater level

Set On/Active

One other thing, the LED licence plate bulbs are on the CANBUS now I believe...they weren't in older cars.

I found an option that might take them off CANBUS??

9-Cent Elec

Coding

Long Coding

Byte 23

Bit 6 (Lamp Monitoring (Cold) Licence Plate Lamps active)

Anyone know that one? Will try it myself in a while. I have the philips LED licence plate bulbs.

Last thing was that the...

Reverse mirror tilt:

52 - Door Elect, Pass.

Long Coding

Byte 4

If the byte has value 40 (cars without electrically folding mirrors)

change it to 4C

Well I can't see any coding on this module, its all blank says module coding unknown or something like that.

I did find

09 - Cent Elec

Coding

Long Coding

Byte 4

Bit 3 (Mirror Lowering with Reverse Rear)

This enables an option(checkbox) on the maxidot for enabling lowering of the mirror.

Did this but its not working.

Have the mirror adjustment knob on the passenger side too as its needed on some other models, again didn't work.

I also remember on some other models that the position has to be set up? Anyone any ideas?

The CC display will not work on diesels.

Alarm chirps need an alarm fitted (must be an Irish spec thing as UK cars have them)

Mirror tilt when reverse engaged requires electric memory seats.

Disabling the Lamp Monitoring (Cold) Licence Plate Lamps active, will make no difference, you need an extra 5W bulb as well if you fit LED's to fool the system.

• Like 1

as a so-called "normal" car owner I have to ask..... ..... WHY?

Why bother to do all this stuff - other than "because you can"?

Or, if you are of k***y's state of mind - to stop the dealer and Skoda "ripping you off"!! LOL.

WHY, boys why?

The CC display will not work on diesels.

Alarm chirps need an alarm fitted (must be an Irish spec thing as UK cars have them)

Mirror tilt when reverse engaged requires electric memory seats.

Disabling the Lamp Monitoring (Cold) Licence Plate Lamps active, will make no difference, you need an extra 5W bulb as well if you fit LED's to fool the system.

Ah that makes sense with the CC both the scirocco and octavia were petrol.

Why don't diesels do that?

Irish cars never get a good spec, i've the top spec and that doesn't include an alarm.

I had mirror tilt on my 2010 scirocco without memory seats, it didn"t even have electric seats, so i'll keep trying that one.

I've read on an vag forum that the licence plate bit worked....but that was an american forums ;-)

Or, if you are of k***y's state of mind - to stop the dealer and Skoda "ripping you off"!! LOL.

WHY, boys why?

I'm an engineer, always have tinkered with things whether i was meant to or not.

I enjoy doing it, if you don't you don't. Doesn't bother me like it should bother you! :-)

Rainsensor active:

09 - Cent Elect

Coding - 07

Long coding helper

Byte 21 - Bit 5

Rainclosing active: (in combination with rainsensor)

09 - Cent Elect

Coding - 07

Long coding helper

Byte 4 - Bit 6

Comfort turn signals to 5 blinks: (Change the times the indicators blink when you 'flick' the indicator stalk...useful when changing lanes)

9 - Cent Elec

Adaption

Set to 5 (was at 3)

if it don't work , go to Maxidot - MDF - Vision - reset factory settings

Corner lights: (only with fogs)

09 - Cent Elect

Coding - 07

Long coding helper

Byte 14 - Bit 7 and Byte 12 - Bit 4

headlights washer deactivate: don't do it for Xenons

09 - Cent Elect

Coding - 07

Long coding helper

Byte 20 - Bit 5

headlights washer interval:

09 - Cent Elect

Adaptation - 10

Channel 26

change interval 4 to (10)

Autolock en unlock:

09 - Cent Elect

Coding - 07

Long coding helper

Autolock Byte 0 - Bit 1

Unlock Byte 0 - Bit 2

Edited by Witte Yeti
  • Like 1

Rainsensor active:

09 - Cent Elect

Coding - 07

Long coding helper

Byte 21 - Bit 5

Rainclosing active: (in combination with rainsensor)

09 - Cent Elect

Coding - 07

Long coding helper

Byte 4 - Bit 6

9 - Cent Elec

Adaption

Set to 5 (was at 3)

if it don't work , go to Maxidot - MDF - Vision - reset factory settings

I saw the rain sensor one earlier. Just didn't get around to it.

I have the light sensor so supposedly I should have rain too but we'll see!

Don't think I'd do the rain closing setting for the windows. While the windows should have the pinch and open setting I'd not trust it with a 3 year old in the car :)

Thanks for the idea on the comfort indicators. I'll try that out in the morning :)

What about reducing the number of strokes the windshield wipers do when windshield is flushed?

On my -85 G-Class I just cut a cable to disable this function completely. But I understand it is not that easy anymore now when the computers has taken over our cars :wall:

WHY, boys why?

to save your xenons and prolong their life, to make sure people see the comfort indicators as three flashes really isn't enough, to stop repeat faffing with the heated seats, to save washer fluid which gets wasted when every five squirts results in the headlights getting washed again....the list is endless

• Like 1

What about reducing the number of strokes the windshield wipers do when windshield is flushed?

On my -85 G-Class I just cut a cable to disable this function completely. But I understand it is not that easy anymore now when the computers has taken over our cars :wall:

There's a function called teardrop wipe which is the extra wipe it does a few seconds after clearing the screen of the washer fluid. Is that what you mean?

If so it can be deactivated on the rear, possibly on the front too, you'd have to do a search for it though as I've not found it yet.

Tear Drop Wiping for Rear Wiper active

09 - Cent Elect

Coding - 07

Long coding helper

Byte 21 - Bit 5

Emergency Brake Flashing via Turn Signals active:

09 - Cent Elect

Coding - 07

Long coding helper

Byte 16 - Bit 2

Edited by Witte Yeti

I'm an engineer, always have tinkered with things whether i was meant to or not.

I enjoy doing it, if you don't you don't. Doesn't bother me like it should bother you! :-)

Ah - thanks for that! I absolutely can identify with that thought, tho not with cars as I don't like getting my little hands oily!! Music, and PA systems - now they might make me salivate!!

I feel better now! Keep on tinkering..........

• Like 1

Cool.

My Yeti has hill hold as standard. Footbrake stays on for about 2 seconds on (IIRC) >3% hill.

Auto Lock/Unlock is on the Maxidot, but the owner's manual doesn't say what it auto unlock actually does.

Would like to be able to adjust auto light sensitivity - needs to generally turn off sooner but turn on when driving away from setting sun for safety and turn on in rain.

(Yet to get a VCDS, but planning to....)

• 3 weeks later...

Now I am an owner of a 'Genuine Ross-Tech' VCDS cable :sun: I already did the popular tweaks with it (cornering lights, adjusting comfort turn signals, HHC, etc). And less popular ones, like enabling XDS. ECUs reported no complaints so far but still some tweaks, like cruise control display, didn't work.

The most mysterious thing for me though is switching between QG0, QG1, QG2 and QG3 servicing modes. Maybe someone could explain this? The car was set to QG1 (flexible servicing) from the factory, the dealer said they put it to fixed servicing, but I see no signs of it in VCDS (i.e. ESI is 'on', oil quality is 'good' etc). The problem is that I can't enable the oil temperature display in the dashboard. Although the thermal sensor is definitely there, connected to the instrument cluster and I am able to see its readings via VCDS.

The problem is that I can't enable the oil temperature display in the dashboard.

You can enable that via the maxidot menu without VCDS.

Edited by blouis79

You can enable that via the maxidot menu without VCDS.

Not neccesarily.

It would appear that if the car is set to "fixed time/mileage" servicing then the oil temp is NOT shown on the Maxidot.