Got my Ross-Tech VCDS cable :D

Zippyijk

Cars without Maxidot you can't enable the oil tempeture display in the dashboard.

Mine has a simple MFD, not a maxidot. Hence there is no menu to enable or disable oil temp display. But if my memory serves me right, that simple MFD is able to display oil temperature: there is an oilcan pictogram in it. I saw it displaying oil temperature on a low spec Golf6 two years ago. Though I am not 100% certain.

Edited by briskycat

RE: Cruise Control Display.

My previous car was a Golf TDI 140 (same engine as my current YETI). It also had the cruise control speed displayed in the Maxidot as standard, so it is possible to be set up on a VW diesel. I would therefore have expected it to also be possible on a Skoda diesel. No idea how, unfortunately, but would be interested to know the settings should anyone discover them.

RE: Cruise Control Display.

My previous car was a Golf TDI 140 (same engine as my current YETI). It also had the cruise control speed displayed in the Maxidot as standard, so it is possible to be set up on a VW diesel. I would therefore have expected it to also be possible on a Skoda diesel. No idea how, unfortunately, but would be interested to know the settings should anyone discover them.

Both VW's and Audi's have the display for a TDi, but every Skoda TDi that has been checked nothing works.(on several forums and countries)

Mine has a simple MFD, not a maxidot. Hence there is no menu to enable or disable oil temp display. But if my memory serves me right, that simple MFD is able to display oil temperature: there is an oilcan pictogram in it. I saw it displaying oil temperature on a low spec Golf6 two years ago. Though I am not 100% certain.

I have also a simple MFD and can't enable oil temperature in the display. The only way i can see it, is with VCDS-cable on my laptop.

17 - instruments

adv. meas. values

038 Engine oil temperature

Edited by Witte Yeti

Hello guys,

What's the cheaper cable we can get that works on the YETI? On ebay it seems to be allways arround 300£.

I'm almost sure that the 30€ version doesn't work on yeti because of CAN BUS systems, but 300£ its really expensive for me :sweat:

Just looking through this thread, regarding oil temperature, I have the Seat version of the maxidot, and don't have anywhere to show oil temp. I'm set on fixed servicing. Is there anyway I can enable through VCDS?

I have also a simple MFD and can't enable oil temperature in the display. The only way i can see it, is with VCDS-cable on my laptop.

17 - instruments

adv. meas. values

038 Engine oil temperature

According to the Yeti Owner's manual P14, the simple MFD "Multi-functional indicator (onboard computer)" also displays oil temperature. Displays nothing (three dashes) if temp is below 50degC.

Disabling the Lamp Monitoring (Cold) Licence Plate Lamps active, will make no difference, you need an extra 5W bulb as well if you fit LED's to fool the system.

It will make difference! When you disable it, you will get alarm when you switch lights ON.If this is not disable than "cold diagnostic" is active which means as soon you turn your ignition key, all circuit is tested by the system and you have alarm immediately without switching lights on.Anyway you can't fool system with this - in both cases you have alarm...

It will make difference! When you disable it, you will get alarm when you switch lights ON.If this is not disable than "cold diagnostic" is active which means as soon you turn your ignition key, all circuit is tested by the system and you have alarm immediately without switching lights on.Anyway you can't fool system with this - in both cases you have alarm...

You are splitting hairs now.

What I meant was by simply disabling the Lamp Monitoring (Cold) option you will still get the 'bulb out' warning, so it is pointless disabling it.

• 4 weeks later...

VCDS Hex-Can arrived this morning. Loaded tested and working O.K. first scan taken and saved. :sun:

Before I start to change anything I will have a good read through the Ross-Tech manual on line. In addition to a couple of the items above I intend to change the car to Australian to get MPH on the Maxidot. When Itake the car across to Germany if there is not the option of changing from KPH to MPH via the dashboard I will just use VCDS to change it back again :coffee:

Zippyijk does your car show MPH or KPH on the maxidot? If it shows MPH that might give an option of making Australian or Irish! Don't forget to post if you change anything else whether it work sor not. :thumbup:

What MY is your Yeti?

I tried to do the Australia coding on a MY12 Superb last week and it would not take the code .... something may have changed on the MY12 controllers??

Once you have done the Australia coding just go into the MFD and untick the Alt.Speed.Disp. box to regain the kph display, VCDS is not needed after the initial coding has been done.

What MY is your Yeti?

I tried to do the Australia coding on a MY12 Superb last week and it would not take the code .... something may have changed on the MY12 controllers??

Once you have done the Australia coding just go into the MFD and untick the Alt.Speed.Disp. box to regain the kph display, VCDS is not needed after the initial coding has been done.

Does the Austrailia setting change anything else, other than the speed stuff?

Does the Austrailia setting change anything else, other than the speed stuff?

You 'loose' the small kph display, which is replaced with a large mph display, this can be reverted at any time if you have maxidot, other than that you gain the outside temperature display on a few other screens, that's about it.

That will make it a MY12 as well then, it will be interesting to see if your car will take the coding or not.

Hi Gizmo68

I have changed my 2012 build Yeti to Australian. I dont know if earlier models are the same, but provided (Alt speed dis) is unchecked and the outside temperature is showing at the bottom of the maxidot I get the MPH display as an option. :clap:

If I want any other display i.e. oil temp, fuel consumption and some sort of speed display on the maxidot at the same time I have to check (Alt speed dis) and have KPH back again losing MPH.

I saved a complete scan prior to changing things and screen dumps during the changes. I intend to change the coming home lights from the Xenons to the fogs and stiffen up the brake pedal.

Not really sure what the "staging" is but I will probably have a look out of curiosity. Thanks again for your previous help and advice. :thumbup:

Staging is the needle sweep when you turn the ignition on, the Superb does this from the factory, the Yeti however does not.

You should be able to have the fuel consumption, oil temp etc as well as the large MPH display (Alt. Speed. Disp un-ticked) you certainly can on MY11 cars (not been able to check it myself on a MY12 though as the only MY12 car I have tried to do would not accept the Australia coding for some reason)