skoda Octavia MKI Drivers door window not working!

OK, bought a MK1 Skoda Octavia a few months ago and the drivers window doesn't work. This weekend I decided to investigate. Stripped the door down using the guides found on here and found that when I pressed the button to drop the window there was a clicking noise coming from the window motor unit but nothing happening. I though maybe the motor was knackered so bought another one from a parts dealer yesterday. Anyway fitted this known working one and again it just clicks when I press the button and it doesn't turn at all. Now I have no idea what it can be, all the other windows work fine, there are no visible breaks in any of the cables, I will add that my electric wing mirrors don't work either though so that may be a clue?

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? It's annoying not working as I have to use a fob to get in work which means getting in and out of the car every day, which in this beautiful English summer isn't the best!!

I just replaced the motor as when I removed the suspected faulty one I could move the regulator up and down by hand so don't think it's that. missingmyvrs I'm up near Manchester unfortunately. I wonder if it could just be the switch that's faulty? Would you be willing to post the window switches to me and I'd pay you for whatever it costs? I'm talking about the whole thing with the 4 windows and door lock on it etc? Appreciate your help

I have the same issue dif window, my one is the pass side frount(window+mirror), i got told it was the regulator, but i still havent had a look yet, if i find the cause i will let you no.

Marko

I have the same issue dif window, my one is the pass side frount(window+mirror), i got told it was the regulator, but i still havent had a look yet, if i find the cause i will let you no.

Marko

The regulator is the mechanical part of the window operation. Both the mirror, window and door lock on the passenger side are controlled by the door control unit that is an integral part of the window motor. Check the voltage feeds first.

The regulator is the mechanical part of the window operation. Both the mirror, window and door lock on the passenger side are controlled by the door control unit that is an integral part of the window motor. Check the voltage feeds first.

I will do, so i need to get a Regulator or a door control unit??

Marko

I will do, so i need to get a Regulator or a door control unit??

Marko

First check the voltage feeds as in post #5. It's not uncommon for the wires to damaged at the point they pass from the door pillar to the door.

If the power is OK, then unscrew the motor from the regulator to see which part is faulty.

First check the voltage feeds as in post #5. It's not uncommon for the wires to damaged at the point they pass from the door pillar to the door.

If the power is OK, then unscrew the motor from the regulator to see which part is faulty.

Will do mate, its doing my head in, cant lock my door or moove my mirror!!!

Thanks Marko

yes mate not an issue got one so if you want it just pay postage costs

Nice one mate. I'm also after the small speaker and cover for the drivers door near the wing mirror and the electric wing mirror control unit, do you have those going spare? Do you want me to pm you with my address etc?

...I have nothing in my door just a bit of wood holding the glass up!!!

I keep finding more issus with this car!!!

Marko

I have to tip my hat to the evil genius who sold you the car and told you there was something wrong with the window regulator :) 

I have to tip my hat to the evil genius who sold you the car and told you there was something wrong with the window regulator :)

His name was David Gilmour!!!

I no wat you are thinking PINK FLOYD but sadly it wasnt the same dave!!

• 1 month later...

Pleased to announce I have this sorted now! I was at the scrap yard Saturday and I got my hands on another wiring loom, replaced that yesterday and I now have a working drivers door window! On examining the old loom 2 wires had snapped where it passes through the door to the pillar. So happy I persisted with sorting this out! Just have a spare window mech and motor to get rid of now! Happy days.

• 7 months later...