Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor

So got a new error on the car

Its a 2.0 CR CEGA Engine and im getting flashing glowplug and MIL Light on the dash

VAGCOM says 009571 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit: Implausible Signal

Anyone any ideas, car drives fine

If i clear off the error i can drive the car and the lights stay out till i slowdown/brake

Did a google search and it ross tech wiki suggests checking the below

Possible Causes

• G581 Faulty
  • Wiring and/or connections faulty
  • ECM faulty

Possible Solutions

• Check fuses
  • Check wiring and connections
  • Ohm test G581, see factory repair manual

Anyone know what fuses to check i had a look through both fuse boxes but dont see any blown,

Thanks

Dallan

Edited by Dallan

So im guessing no one else has had this fail as yet?

Found a repair kit on VW so fingers crossed that works as its a damn sight less than a complete turbo :whew:

• 2 weeks later...

So repair kit installed today, so all sorted and cheaper than a new turbo :)

Repair Kit from VW (03l 198 716a)

$(KGrHqRHJBkE63Vtjgy4BOym5o1GVg~~60_35.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Dallan,

Is everything still ok after you fitted this kit?

I had the same error code on mine and I replaced the actual sensor but now the light has started flashing occasionally es when I slow down.

Think this may be the next option for me to take.

Chris

• 7 months later...

Just had this exact problem on my CR 170...typically in time with having to shell out for a service and a cambelt/water pump replacement..!!

How has yours been since you fitted the kit? Can you elaborate on the cost and any difficulties when replacing it?

• 2 weeks later...

Just had this exact problem on my CR 170...typically in time with having to shell out for a service and a cambelt/water pump replacement..!!

How has yours been since you fitted the kit? Can you elaborate on the cost and any difficulties when replacing it?

HA just came looking for the link to put on your new topic :)

Its a PITA to fit according to the mechanic who did it but ok since

Oh, well I can sack off fitting it myself then :D

I've looked into the procedure and I wouldn't stand a chance!! Besides, I don't have VCDS (yet).

At the time of doing mine, i had found a procedure to setup the actuator somewhere online, i will have a look see if i can find it again

Where did you get boost pressure sensor from..... because i need one too... Skoda dealer said i need to replace whole turbo which costs here around 1800 GBP

Regards

Where did you get boost pressure sensor from..... because i need one too... Skoda dealer said i need to replace whole turbo which costs here around 1800 GBP

Regards

I got it from a VW Dealer

The repair kits are available from Skoda.

I think they may do now, but at the time a year ago they didnt so i got it from VW

Found this for a ton:

http://www.darksided...-cbaa-cbab.html

But if you give the dealer the part number they'll get em in. I'm still waiting for a quote on mine

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Yeah that looks like it, the "repair kit" comes with thread locker and turbo blanks for while you are working on it also

• 1 year later...

For info the part code is 

03L 198 716 A

It can be had off ebay (genuine VW part) for £125.

The repair kit includes new nuts and bolts and threadlocking compound, you can buy the latter at any car parts shop and the former should be OK to re-use or can be replaced at the same car parts shop. Or you could get a nylock nut for the actuator arm and forget the threadlocking compound.

Nice youtube vid on fitting it at.

Excellent advise in the remarks below on testing the unit in situ and on the bench before swapping in the new in the vid and in the comments below.

Allegedly about 1.5 hours so £300+ from the dealer with the usual mark up on parts vs ebay is not un-reasonable if you don't want to do the job yourself.

Need to check my Skoda Superb CR170 (Engine code CBB) to see if its a faulty pipe first.

Cheers,

Ian.