HOWTO: Braided servo line mod.

GeeVRSman

After a few members posting threads about there servo pipe split ect, i thought i would do a little how to as i replaced all this with Braided line.

Needed...

1.3 meter of braided line. (i had to buy 2m)

Jubilee Clips to clamp 20mm line. x2

Braided line finishers x 4 (20mm) AN-10

Hack saw

7mm mini ratchet or screw driver

Spec of the line i used..

Hose ID: 12.7mm

Hose OD:

19mm

Wall Thickness:

3mm

Reinforcement:

Textile & Stainless Steel Reinforcement

Working Pressure:

15 Bar

Bursting Pressure:

60 Bar

Temperature Range:

- 20°C upto + 80° C

Colour:

Stainless Steel Silver

This is avaliable From Autosiliconehoses.com

Braided line finishers are from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1086

Ok here goes.. Remove your old Pipe from the bulk head. This mite be pressurized so be aware is mite make you jump! Remove from here..

IMAG2181.jpg

if you follow the line from your Manifold to the bulk head you will find it. It just pops off. Just be carefull not to damage the line thats on the bulk head as that a a ball ache to replace!

Once you pipe is removed you will have a long solid pipe with a Y piece 1 end, and little 90deg plastic elbow the other, and 2 x non return valves on it. You need the 90 deg plastic elbow and the non return valves.

these (i think) heat are heat wraped on so you cant just pull them out. I used a standly blade to carfully cut 2 lines down the solid pipe enough to pull them out. Dont go to deep to cut the valve tho as these may be expensive.

Heres what the 90deg elbow looks like,,,

IMAG2182.jpg

be aware of the spongy bit in it, dont loose it!

this is one of the non return jobbies..

IMAG2179.jpg

Mine had the word "motor" with arrows pointing 1 way showing what way round they go, make note of what way yours are incase you aint got motor written on them .

once all removed, in short.. you need to make this..

IMAG2185.jpg

i have put the non return valves in roughley the same place they were on the OEM pipe.. Gotta be a reason theres 2 spaced that way.

i made the first section from the manifold to the Non return Valve about 4.5" long. to cut braided line i done the following..

IMAG2183.jpg

clamp down a jubilee ton the pipe and use a hack saw to cut it.. i done only 1way strokes to keep it neater. once cut it will look like this...

IMAG2184.jpg

Grab ya braided line finishers..

IMAG2178.jpg

pop a Non return valve in one end, (the right way)

IMAG2179.jpg

and you should end up with somthing like this.

IMAG2180.jpg

Repeat process with other valve, and 90 deg elbow and fannys ya bob!! I used normal jubilees after the second Non return valve as its not see, so it dont need to look pretty.

Heres how mine looked when finished.

IMAG2200.jpg

Hope this helps anyone else wanting to do it.

I take no responsibility for anyone messing up there car. Just be aware, if you do it wrong it will affect your brakes and mite not be pretty. i have given no measurement to the longer bits of pipe as mine goes around a catch can so will be different to yours. :)

Thanks to Clive for telling me about the reinforced line shizzle a while ago... i would of just used silicone otherwise.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...