Radiator fan wouldn't stop.

milen.m

I Know this matter has been discussed here before, but I think my problem might be different as my engine is petrol, not diesel.

1.4 TSI Yeti, bought in the end of 2011.

After a very short trip - 2 miles, 5 min at most, after I stop the engine, the two fans behind the radiator continue working for some time. I know this is normal, when the engine is hot, but in my case it's not, as the engine cannot get hot from a 5 min trip.

Anyone had the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Milen

Hmmm... You are right on a diesel it would have been the DPF regeneration process causing this and on both petrol and diesel it will be the case when the car is very hot. So not sure why yours does this. I hope someone else here can help! I can't sorry.

Does your Air Con work ok, is there cold air blowing out. Same symptoms as my Octavia Vrs and it turned out the High pressure sensor had gone ( for the aircon ) and this drained the Air Con of it's gasses, new sensor, regas and all was fine. Fans stopped as they should

The coolant level is O.K., the airconditioning works fine. I will try stopping the AC before stopping the car, hope that helps.

Edited by milen.m

Quirky possible 'splanation:

Trip too short to have the thermostat open, but only just. When stopped, the hot soak of the engine increases the coolant temperature just enough to tell the coolant sensor that it needs to cool down, using the fans.

Don't know the sensor location.

It does no harm, so if not a frequent occurrance, forget it. If it hapens often, let Skoda sort it.

Edited by Agerbundsen

• 2 years later...

For the first time, at 17,400 km and after a very gentle Sunday drive, the fan kept running for a full 5 mins after shutting down.

No air con at any strange and air temp 20c.

A case of not driving hard enough?