Classic Skoda Felicia Wiring Diagram

Got an electrical fault that seems to be getting more regular. The last fuse (15amp) keeps blowing, normally when the lights are switched on.

I have the Haynes manual for the skoda felicia 1995 to 2001 but there seem to be several differences on the Classic Felicia. Does anyone have access to the wiring diagram for the Classic Felicia, then I can trace the fault?

Cheers.

Edited by DISC BRAKES

Car keeps blowing 15 amp fuse which stops some of the lights and the electronic trip mileage display from working, some times the fuse blows when the lights are switched on, but not always.

The haynes manual for the standard Felicia lists 'Fuse 19 // 15 Amp // Instrument panel,door mirror adjustment.' but in diagram 9 it shows a feed from the ignition switch through Fuse 19 to the resistor on the side light switch. I might be clutching at straws but I have read of problems with this switch on other topics. This does depend on how different the standard Felicia wiring is from the Classic Felicia.

Guest masster

you keep mentioning "Classic" Felicia that you say it's different from a "Standard" Felicia.

that is only one of your confusing information about your car.

I only know of Felicia I (made from 1994 till 1998) and Felicia II (made from 1998 till 2001)

Felicia cars are furthermore identified by a "type" code (LX, GLXi, SLX) based on their equipment.

I only see you have a 1.3 mpi.

then you say about 'last" fuse that you later on call it fuse 19. but there are 22 fuses even on the cheapest Felicia.

so if you really need an answer, without nobody answering you for days as I've seen, you have to clarify a few things first:

- what YEAR is your car made?

- what TYPE is it?

"classic" and "standard" don't mean anything.

Edited by masster

The car is:

SKODA FELICIA HATCHBACK (00 - 01) - 1.3 Classic 5dr. Its on a W plate (2000).

Sorry to confuse but I called it a Classic because that is what the badge on the side and back of the car say it is.

In case you doubt my sanity have a look at http://www.helpfindmea.co.uk/cars/specs/skoda-felicia-specifications-254/felicia-hatchback-00-01-13-classic-5dr-specifications-18704.aspx

You mention electronic trip mileage display but the trip mileage on the felicia is mechanical and driven from a cable going to the gearbox.

If you search in the feilicia section I think there are some wiring diagrams around somewhere.

Phil

Guest masster

In case you doubt my sanity have a look at http://www.helpfindm...ions-18704.aspx

it's not that. but those stickers are more marketing related. you will not find in Haynes "classic" or "standard" Felicia.

the only Felicia that could bear the "classic" badge is the one made in the 60s.

those words and especially the electronic trip mileage display blew my mind. I was in doubt mentioning that in my first post because I thought "who knows what skoda made for uk market?".

those confusing pieces of info most probably cost you 4 days of unanswered topic, while I usually answer the same day.

moving on... so you have a 2000 1.3 GLX Felicia.

the symptom you're describing is a random short-circuit on the circuit fed through S19 fuse (15A. blue, Lighting for side light switch and dash panel insert, door mirror adjustment)

relaysphoto.th.jpg

here is the wiring in question:

diagram6instrumentclust.th.jpg

you have to be methodical and look:

- in places you worked last time

- in places with obvious cracks, heated, smoked, rusty, etc

- for bulbs that might short when lit

take out the dash, wiggle the wires, rotate left-right dash bulbs, inspect connectors, switches, and lastly have a look with a magnifying glass at dash PCB.

you may find this video inspiring

it is a methodical isolation of parts of circuit while using a circuit breaker instead of fuse.

Edited by masster

Got an electrical fault that seems to be getting more regular. The last fuse (15amp) keeps blowing, normally when the lights are switched on.

I have the Haynes manual for the skoda felicia 1995 to 2001 but there seem to be several differences on the Classic Felicia. Does anyone have access to the wiring diagram for the Classic Felicia, then I can trace the fault?

Cheers.

Does it blow as soon as you press the light-switch? The light switches are known to be a bit weak. Whereabouts in Kent are you?

hi there i think i could be R7 x contact relay as what you mention it going to side light switch is a switched live or your clocks are gone as i have been looking at haynes and on your car the side light buzzer is in clocks. or could be the side light switch

Edited by uma1998