CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

I will be there to watch this time, no track time, Sharon has put a stop to Fabia thrashing and it is way too risky for me to run the Yeti, imagine informing work I have trashed the companies car  :blush:   and with 92,000 on the clock Yeti should be taking things easy  :giggle:

I will fetch the camera take pics and I will also have my crash hat just incase there is a shotgun seat going spare.

Yes, I understand James.  It is going to be properly set up.

But if it's not expensive it can't hurt to cover the basics and lighten it a bit out at the front.

Alternator, battery etc can be lightened

Diff in the back is going to help balance anyway, but any weight improvements in the front can only help.

Any way to mount the battery in the middle or rear of the car?

Chris

Seems to have gone really quiet on build updates :happy:

This can mean 1 of 2 things

- Race car has taken over again

- The car is in final build and we should be seeing photos soon of the almost finnished product.

Give them a chance, there is still a few months of work to do...

It's unlikely to be doing many events this year, looking like it'll be ready for the quiet show season as Winter arrives.

So winter will be just for testing/playing.

it will leave Jabba sport on winter tyres then?  If you ask in the Yeti forum they will tell you which ones are best  :giggle:  :bandit:

All good things come to those who wait and I certain this will be GOOD if not better  :rock:

• Like 1

Any way to mount the battery in the middle or rear of the car?

Chris

Or go for a gel or lithium battery, kitcar favourites again. not only lighter but a more compact installation handy for tight spots.

Russ Bost at Furore Kitcars does Lithium batteries, Just mention me if you want the price doubled :hi:

http://furoreproducts.co.uk/15-lithium-ion-batteries

I've one of these gel batteries fitted to the storm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXTREME35-Odyssey-Extreme-Leisure-Battery-/220983946948?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item3373ab6ec4

If you go down this route do not let them go flat, flat...otherwise another will be required (learnt to my cost) you can isolate them for months and then reconnect they will be fine.

• Like 1

You might not be the only one in building a quick little thing,

A Rallycross Driver, Anton Marklund, hinted he could build a VW Up Supercar.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=311579798987129&set=a.231682896976820.1073741825.218789388266171&type=1&theater

wow reading this has kept me busy this afternoon. gotta let me know when you sell this. gotta be worth 10-12k once finished if you only put a few thousand miles on it. though i guess the total spend will probably be closer to 20-23k on the build. 

I'm assuming you haven't been keeping a spreadsheet of the build costs incase the missus finds it?

My wife doesn't care. :)

It's going to cost more and selling it will be pointless, because it'll be unique and never worth what it can do.

Anyone with any sense would have just bought a Caterham Superlight 500...

The gearbox cost what you value it at used. :D

In other words, more tha? a Citigo. Hey ho!

• Like 3

My wife doesn't care. :)

It's going to cost more and selling it will be pointless, because it'll be unique and never worth what it can do.

Anyone with any sense would have just bought a Caterham Superlight 500...

The gearbox cost what you value it at used. :D

:rofl:

• Like 1

But the caterhams are boring in comparison and they don't have a proper roof

I just hope it's going to be as good as everyone thinks...

Anyway, that's why I don't discuss cost here.

There are loads of very good cars you can just walk in and buy. Many of which are not only cheaper, but would retain their value better.

But I guess you only so something like this once.

After that you learn. :D

• Like 3

I always fancied a Caterham but must be getting old as I would rather be covered up now!!

However I really enjoy my track toy/daily drive and after passing a few Caterham lookalikes with motorbike engines on my latest track day I think it is quick enough  :blush: (admittedly it was damp but I was on my R888's so still not a mean feat)

Apologies for going off topic

I just hope it's going to be as good as everyone thinks...

Anyway, that's why I don't discuss cost here.

There are loads of very good cars you can just walk in and buy. Many of which are not only cheaper, but would retain their value better.

But I guess you only so something like this once.

After that you learn. :D

It's going to be good. No denying that :) the idea, the engineering and the power! I may have missed it but brakes were you going to run?