CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

It won't need a massive turbo anyway. With the standard K04 on the 210/225 engine, people are now just about breaching 300bhp. 300bhp and 300+ftlb in a car as small and light as a Citigo sounds like plenty to me, unless you intend it solely for competing in burnout championships...

I think the main problems will be how to get all that power down and chassis stifness as somebody mentioned earlier.

There was a Lupo with 1.9 TDi transpalnt prodcuing circa 475bhp and they were not able to put the power down, just spinning in all gears despite MT slicks on. They ended up detuning to something like 370bhp to get good strip times - it was a strip car.

There is also taht Lupo W12, look it up :D.

Citigo wth 4x4 power train should have those issues limited if power distribution is mapped well - torque vectoring anyone?

Just found this and it brings back memories of my misspent youth - though I was never this adventurous, is that the right word?.

Will definitely keep following this :thumbup:

Can't wait to see the outcome of this. :devil:

I was at Jabbasport with my mate getting his hybrid fabia mapped, saw the TT and the brand new citigo ready to be ripped apart!

Edited by Phil.B

But But But!!!

Which will be quicker? GTR or CitiR??

The GT-R will have about the same bhp per tonne, but it has seriously trick ways of getting that to the road. Plus it has that amazing gearbox.

The Citigo will be slower because we are no going for max power on the tuned engine.

By limiting it to under 400bhp it'll have a wider powerband and still be manual. So it'll be fun and VERY involving to drive.

It's not going to be a Santa Pod only car with daft power.

More of an all-round toy.

• Like 3

It's not going to be a Santa Pod only car with daft power.

More of an all-round toy.

I love reading these lines.... I hate these 'Show cars' people build..... no hate is too strong.. more its a car!!! Drive it!!! enjoy it!!

How many times can you like a post????

• Like 2

boost controllers mean cars are very adaptable with power for more than one use. a citygo with 200bhp will be mental !!! a citygo with over 300 is oing to be fecking mental lol

its all down to the mapping and getting a very good controller so you can map boost control in every gear

this will never have gtr technology but by christ its going to make you smile just as much

awesome car cant wait to see this coupled with your driving skill tearing up the track going to suprise alot of big cars out there

• Like 1

Would you really want to be seen driving about in that? :wonder:

It's novel, but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quickly myself.

If that lassy standing beside it was part of the deal I would happily be seen driving it :D

• Like 1