LED Bulb Upgrades for Superb II

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody.

I just received my led dlr lights from a company beginning with super and ending with Skoda!

They work perfectly in one go and no messages in my car.

Also they are super bright. They give two year warranty on them which sounds very good.

It even says Superb on the led themselves.

Very happy with them. ( unlike my wife who'd rather stick a candle on the car because of the warm light)

I had issues with the company ( beginning with Super and ending with Skoda) before because of a different product I purchased. They didn't reply at all to my emails. Until I started a dispute with ( a company starting with Pay and ending with Pal). Then they replied straight away for some reason.

Cheerio

post-113539-0-25815800-1391708401_thumb.jpg

post-113539-0-65182500-1391708413_thumb.jpg

post-113539-0-89739200-1391708428_thumb.jpg

post-113539-0-15842800-1391708445_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everybody.

I just received my led dlr lights from a company beginning with super and ending with Skoda!

They work perfectly in one go and no messages in my car.

Also they are super bright. They give two year warranty on them which sounds very good.

It even says Superb on the led themselves.

Very happy with them. ( unlike my wife who'd rather stick a candle on the car because of the warm light)

I had issues with the company ( beginning with Super and ending with Skoda) before because of a different product I purchased. They didn't reply at all to my emails. Until I started a dispute with ( a company starting with Pay and ending with Pal). Then they replied straight away for some reason.

Cheerio

Thanks for the heads up just ordered some 

• Like 1

Led's installed!

However I did get a canbus warning earlier. Although it didn't come on all day yesterday.

But after switching the ignition off and on again it disappeared.

See how it behaves from now on.

post-113539-0-82276300-1391782204_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Led's installed!

However I did get a canbus warning earlier. Although it didn't come on all day yesterday.

But after switching the ignition off and on again it disappeared.

See how it behaves from now on.

I have fitted mine but i'm getting the bulb not working light coming up on mine 

hows yours?

• 3 months later...

Just got home to a box from the Czech Republic  :happy:   SuperSkoda

Led DRL bulbs and a stainless steel bumper top guard

DRLs fited in 5 mins - quick, easy and really satisfying - MUCH better than the originals

The protector will need a little thought - sealing the edges etc

Chris

Edited by Skoda4x4man

• 1 month later...

0A691143-3EF4-45F0-9866-00122208E68B-186

My change of fog light from 4300 light bulb to cree LED.

had to use an inbetween canceller for the LED bulb as i have tried a lot of canbus free H8 but it doesn't work that week. 

and DRL:

2ADD7C74-420B-43EC-B9C3-C3525976AF68-126

I have fitted Cree led drls and side lights from hid direct which say they are canbus compatible and I have had no warning lights.

Yesterday I fitted Cree h3 bulbs in place of the mainbeams and these now show the canbus warning for both bulbs. Has anybody successfully fitted a set of h3 bulbs that doesn't show the canbus warning?

Thanks

Well...Alltronix have totally ignored me via eBay so bought the ones from UCP (Ultimate Car Parts) instead;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170729737146?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They arrived quickly and are working fine.  I would say they are a little less bright but not sure if that's a bad thing or not...I don't think so...

Funnily enough one of my brake light bulbs failed at the same time as replacing the DRLs, presumably just coincidence though??

I'll let you know if I run into any issues with these - perhaps in 6-8 months time as that seems to be the theme running through this thread! :think:

Just a quick update to say these bulbs are still working for me...I'll let you know if/when either go pop (which they probably will now I've posted that they're ok)... ;-)

Funny enough the van drove very steady after that, maybe he thought it was a police car?? (he was driving like a loon before) :giggle:

LOLOL

Edited by Petemate

• 4 months later...

Will upgrading to interior LED bulbs produce a CANBUS error? If not, anyone know/recommend a good seller?

Apologies if this has been covered already, I'm no wizard with the search function!

My latest recommendations are here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/336890-Project-Code-Name-%22The-Blue-Whale%22/page__view__findpost__p__4051882

Will upgrading to interior LED bulbs produce a CANBUS error?

The interior bulbs are not CANBUS monitored, I bought CANBUS LED’s purely so they could be used everywhere and not just inside the car

(they are normally only pennies dearer than non CANBUS LED’s)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

i made a little how to video about how to change the DRL's on a Superb II. https://youtu.be/cK330yVknYU

I also changed the fogs to an LED and disabled the bulb warnings so i didn't have to use resistors.

I will probably make a video about the bulb out warnings later and post it on this website to.

greets

I have the Superb 2 with the DRLs beside the main headlamps.  Does this work for those and what bulbs did you use?

I have the Superb 2 with the DRLs beside the main headlamps.  Does this work for those and what bulbs did you use?

hi,

do you mean for the fogs or the drl lights?

I own a pre facelift model so i am not sure the bulbs are the same as yours. But you can find them in the manual of your car.

greets

Edited by skodaloverbelgium

• 3 weeks later...

I really do like the look that led's give in the DRL's but after reading this thread I just think "can I really be bothered with all the hassle and expense "

It looks like an absolute nightmare , error warnings ,lights flickering ,lights not working in the car but will when tested externally ,some need resistors some don't , resistors are about £8 each on top of £30 led's ,links to fleabay not working , a zillion types of led's , reverse polarity fittings ? jeez !

I'm so tempted to get some for my 12 plate but it looks like too much of a minefield . If I thought a set would work and I could try them outside the actual shop with a solid guarantee I may just be tempted .

Looks like I'm stuck with the pi$$ poor yellow standard ones then .