Uprated SMIC? Another IC option!

http://www.ebay.co.u...7#ht_759wt_1163

I dont understand why a tuning company like jabba get something like this ^^ and get the pipe work and brackets made up, Im sure it will be a hot seller for like 200 quid

Thats what I was trying to get across! Suppose you could get the boost pipes made up by a custom exhaust place.

Looks like a good option for a standardish engine but id want to get rid of all the standard pipework as it causes the most problems, a fmic would give more airflow but an expensive option, ive got a universal fmic off ebay and a pipework kit, cost me 180 so far and i only need a adapter for the turbo outlet then it can be fitted

Looks like a good option for a standardish engine but id want to get rid of all the standard pipework as it causes the most problems, a fmic would give more airflow but an expensive option, ive got a universal fmic off ebay and a pipework kit, cost me 180 so far and i only need a adapter for the turbo outlet then it can be fitted

Once fitted/checked would you be kind enough to let us know what joins/pipework is needed? Kind of a shopping list?!

ok i am going to buy this because my oem cooler is leaking badly and ready for the bin but i need some advice.

how do i connect the 57mm silicon hoses to the standard pipes?

how long do the 57mm pipes need to be?

my bottom 90 degree hose is a samco pipe does anyone know what width it is?

how hard is it to get the bumper off?

thankyou

ok i am going to buy this because my oem cooler is leaking badly and ready for the bin but i need some advice.

how do i connect the 57mm silicon hoses to the standard pipes?

how long do the 57mm pipes need to be?

my bottom 90 degree hose is a samco pipe does anyone know what width it is?

how hard is it to get the bumper off?

thankyou

Im afraid no one will really know as this hasn't been fitted to anyone's car on here before! Do the standard pipes onto the intercooler have the 'VAG' slip type join, or are they just regular ended rubber/silicone?

Where is your standard setup leaking? Is it the actual IC?

• 2 months later...

In my opinion with having scoobies the side mount will work efficiently as most fit a thicker Sti top mount over a standard top mount as it gives better denser air.. With the pikey mod should be a great upgrade..

Terms of performance on a dyno with a map there I'm sure will be a little gain in bhp but problys not massively noticeable

I agree front mounts look the *******s and are good but unless you goin to run big bhp there just there for looks over practicality as the lag/ hassle fitting and extra length of pipework and cutting front bumper to bits to get maximum Benifits the side mount thick core will be just as useful for 200bhp applications..

I ran a think top mount on my first scooby ul to 350+ bhp before going front mount and tbh wish I stuck with top mount as lag was an issue .. And didn't make a massive diffrence in power just created a lot of hassle tbh but looks the *******s.. I have bigger Samco hoses fitted on the bottom so might invest in top ones and try these side mounta

This isn't a straight forward swap on a fabia or Ibiza ,as the angle of pipes are different as well as mounting brackets. I had one of these on my Toledo PD130. They're not bad but not a patch on an FMIC

This isn't a straight forward swap on a fabia or Ibiza ,as the angle of pipes are different as well as mounting brackets. I had one of these on my Toledo PD130. They're not bad but not a patch on an FMIC

I thought better of this option in the end and sold up for a FMIC. I think it would benefit a standard setup/stage 1, but now i'm going hybrid, it needs that extra cooling.

• 2 months later...
I know this is an old thread, just found it using search. Has anyone fitted one of the bigger smic? Would they be worth it?

They don't fit the Fabias really. If your upgrading may aswell spend the money on a FMIC.

Fmic kit,complete with all pipework from newera imports £133 delivered.fits below bumper reinforcment,so no need to chop bumper.have to cut pipework to suit.im gonna do a couple,anybody want one fitting,let me know.

That seems awfully cheap.

Did you fit a kit in the end?

• 2 years later...

Bringing this thread back to life, I recently purchased one of these uprated SMIC which I am still yet to fit to my fabia vrs...

Has anyone fitted one of these before?

If so any advice?

Thanks

What pipework will you be using mate, completely custom or a trying to reuse some of the oem stuff?

I searched the Internet to death on this when I saw one of these darkside sidemount kits, with pipework, pop up on ebay a while ago. Found absolutely nothing, which makes me think there just isn't enough room on the fabia else someone would have done it.

I think darkside sell their kit for the golf platform so there is more than likely a good chunk more room up the front with it being a bigger car than the fabia.

I think you are going to struggle in all honesty but please update accordingly!

sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Custom pipe work will be used for it.

Obviously the top boost pipe will be the common one most people change.

Bottom is pretty similar so shouldn't be a problem either, the coupling for the turbo from the standard boost piles comes out so will fit the same.

The main issue is going to be mounting it in place, I think it should be quite easy to be honest.

The main and biggest issue I think will be mounting it in place.

When I had a look whilst fitting my arch vent I just didn't think there was enough room to accommodate the significantly increased thickness of the uprated intercoolers not without some butchery and shoe-horning.

I'm purely guessing though and haven't taken measurements as such, just looked a lot of work for perhaps not much gain.

• Like 1

I agree it's not going to be a huge increase, but having a better intercooler with better boost pipes will definitely improve it.

On the first page it shows the intercooler fitted in place, doesn't look like much has had to be changed for it.

I agree it's not going to be a huge increase, but having a better intercooler with better boost pipes will definitely improve it.

On the first page it shows the intercooler fitted in place, doesn't look like much has had to be changed for it.

Is that a fabia then mate in the first post? Lol Would be quite an obvious give away that it will fit if it is... my bad lol

I always assumed it was a golf. Every advert I've seen for these kits says they won't fit fabias without "mod work".