Uprated SMIC? Another IC option!

I don't know if it is that black and white with intercoolers. Just because these are labeled as uprated doesn't necessarily mean they are effective. Look how bad some of the seatsport copies are. And only the darkside version of this type of kits comes with solid pipes. Otherwise its make your own.

I agree on paper though with what you are saying hutchy. On face value these should be a no brainer in terms of an improved setup. My lower boost pipe popped out again today which has made me think about swapping to something like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This kit would be good imo (the link below) if they did fabia specific pipework. Looking at the pics, the angle of the connectors on the intercooler and the routing of the pipes wouldn't work on the fabia.

The intercooler does look relatively similar to the one in the OP though which still makes me think this wouldn't work. I think the top intercooler outlet will come straight out into the back of the fabia headlight.

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/upgraded-side-mount-intercooler-kit-for-1-9-tdi-pd130-asz-and-us-spec-bew-pd100-engine.html

sent from my Galaxy Note 4

After falling through the wormhole of links that start in this thread. Those that have used it are impressed with its performance.

The only thing is that as far as I'm aware nobody has tried it on the fabia and most believe it won't fit?

So it's down to some one to take the plunge and run logs before and after.

But it's got to be better than standard surely?

I've took some pictures whilst I was self tapping my bottom boost pipe this morning. I still think it will be a nightmare to fit! Lol I really hope you are successful though as if nothing else these aftermarket coolers have more preferable connectors that you can just use silicon pipe and jubilee clamps on.

20150913_111215_zpszgib4szx.jpg

20150913_111242_zpsnpznzp0d.jpg

20150913_111251_zpsxi7ukzmr.jpg

20150913_111300_zps7xlv8v1a.jpg

20150913_111313_zpsihx5rj91.jpg

20150913_111321_zpsyd52envd.jpg

20150913_115628_zpsqsrt8uv4.jpg

• Like 1

So all we'll know is if it fits not if it is actually any better at cooling air

I think he's being a bugar mate as it wasn't clear who you were asking the question to lol.

If I end up getting one, I will as I've got vcds.

Fine I'll do some logs :D

Won't be on vcds as I sold my vagcom when I left the trade. I have a launch diagnostic computer so will use that.

However.... Logs before might be difficult as the bottom boost pipe is damaged so pops off under load.

• Like 2

So me and hutchy measured up for the pipes and bends etc and have them ordered from ASH.

Hopefully will be getting some logs this week and fitting the updated smic and pipes next week.

I'm hoping to make a step by step guide as to how it fits and if there's any modifications that need doing... There will be updates from this going on my build thread 'my new red fabia vrs' so keep an eye out :)

Jamie.

• Like 2

And which one is it?

I was in group 7 earlier but it didn't say which was which! Had somthing like...

1) 60°

2) Duty cycle

3)30°

4)72°

Was somthing like that anyway.

Edit: just had a quick Google and its number 3, the 30° one. What's the best way to check it then, just some flat out driving and see how high it goes? :D